Hair loss?

Options
Lucy17128
Lucy17128 Posts: 53 Member
I’ve been eating Keto for about 5 months and have had good results. However, I’ve noticed over the past couple of months increased hair loss. I’ve heard this can be a symptom and I’m fine with it if it’s not excessive or it grows back, but to see clumps in the shower, hairbrush, clothes is starting to really bother me. I started taking collagen pills about 3 weeks ago, no change yet. Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• janra01
    janra01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That’s usually the time it happens. Good news, it thickens up again. I take collagen daily. Further foods from Costco is the one I like. One scoop daily in my coffee. It might take a couple more weeks. Make sure you’re getting enough protein, also.

F65*SD 2/26/18*SW 246*CW 178*GW 135
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    That is the usual time frame of that side effect. You’re doing exactly what you need to do already. It will stop, and grow back in soon.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It's the 5th month for me.I have to take something for hair loss too.💇🏽‍♀️
  • Stew501
    Stew501 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I’ve been on keto for a little over 4 months; I love results but have noticed the hair loss. Hoping it’s a temporary side effect 🤞🏻
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I had been on Keto for about 4-5 months, back in Jan/Feb this year (one of my threads on here is about this) and I started to lose A LOT of hair! I wasn't sure if it was Keto, my PCOS, stress, etc...
    My doc suggested I stick with Keto, that it should grow back, if not, to talk to a dermatologist for ways to reduce it...

Because I was stressing out over it, which might have been causing more hair to fall out, I looked for alternatives...I found dermarolling...

I have been using the dermaroller on my scalp every other week for about 6 weeks now and just this past week I noticed my hair isn't falling out as much.

I am not sure if its just that I am over the hair falling out phase or if the dermaroller is working, but there aren't clumps of hair coming out when I shower anymore!!

I intend on buying collagen for this reason, and because my skin is very loose AND I need to not show my age...but hair falling seems to have stopped...I am just waiting for the regrowth...

I want FABULOUS hair!!
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Ayyyy this is worrisome. I'll have to keep track of it as I'm coming up on my 3rd month on keto. I was watching some YouTube videos that said taking collagen can help with this. Not sure how accurate that is, is anyone already doing this?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I was experiencing it until I stopped restricting protein.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I experienced it until it was all pretty much gone. This phenomenon was completely unrelated to keto, however. It was just genes and age.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Ayyyy this is worrisome. I'll have to keep track of it as I'm coming up on my 3rd month on keto. I was watching some YouTube videos that said taking collagen can help with this. Not sure how accurate that is, is anyone already doing this?

I'm starting to lose more hair than usual now that I'm in my 5th month .I'm taking collagen tablets.I have to make sure I eat foods high in Biotin and Zinc too.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Following a Keto diet can and does affect your hormones. In the beginning of Keto, a lot of women notice that their nails and hair seem to be growing quite rapidly. What they don't necessarily notice is that they may not be losing the average 100 strands of hair per day that most people lose normally. After several months of Keto when the hormones begin to regulate, all of those hairs that you didn't lose previously suddenly start to fall out causing some people to panic. It is a very normal part of the hormonal process and will eventually regulate.

**this may not be the case for everyone, but most often this hair loss is hormonal