Question about body fat since going plant-based

Options
debi_f
debi_f Posts: 330 Member
Hi guys, I'm hoping there's still someone active here.... I see the last posts were awhile ago.

I've been vegetarian for the past 3+ years, but my husband and I recently decided to go WFPB (it's been about 2 months). I also gave up my long-term addiction to diet pepsi (yes, it was bad...really bad).

In these last 2 months, my body fat (based on filling in the form at this site: https://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html) has dropped from a healthy 19.3 (ish) to only 12.3. While I certainly don't mind the drop in body fat, I'm into the "essential fat" zone, and I don't want to drop any more! In fact, I'd like to get back up to "athletic" is possible, but eating clean just...well, I'm losing body fat!

Today for dinner, I've made a pasta salad using Red Lentil Pasta in place of whole wheat pasta, and I've added a bit of olive oil to the dressing. I know the oil is a no-no on the WFPB diet, but I really don't want to drop much more!

What else can I do to help ensure I don't drop any more? (God, I feel so petty even posting this, but it is scaring me a bit.)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• xKoalaBearx
    xKoalaBearx Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I would include taking in more whole food healthy fats like avocado, nuts and seeds. Also, did you lose weight along with the body fat? Or maintain weight and decrease body fat?