Lost 30 lbs in my 40s

Options
snuff15ee
snuff15ee Posts: 99 Member
edited May 2019 in Social Groups
Hello group,

I decided this past January to finally try and get the athletic body I had in my 20s. I figured it was going to be difficult, but when I set out to do something I'm all in. I'm 6'3" and started this journey at 212 pounds and what I estimate at 22-25% body fat. After lots of hard work in the gym and a significant paradigm shift in how I approach nutrition, I'm weighing in at 181.8 and probably 15-17% body fat. I'm starting to resemble my twenty-something self enough that I'm trying to cut down to 10-11% body fat and pack on 5 pounds of LBM. My wife thinks I'm kind of crazy that I weigh/track all of my calories & macros, so I came here looking for some fitness friends. Good luck everyone in your journey!

ktjl70sugm7r.png

Replies

• nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress!! Looks like you’ve been pretty dedicated!! Great job!!
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Wow! I feel inspired by your hard work and progress! Thanks for sharing.
  • snuff15ee
    Options
    @ladyzherra, Feel free to add me as friend.
  • styll_me
    styll_me Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress! I admire your dedication. Thanks for sharing.
  • YC1995
    YC1995 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I wasn't fit until I turned 26 - then life and lifestyle had me shed about 35 lbs. I was at my best - I looked fabulous (in hindsight!). Now, 16 years and two kids later, the weight is back and it brought friends. Looking to get back there. Tell me it can be done!!!! :smiley:
    Will be cheering you on as I set off on my journey. If you have the time, tell me about the paradigm shift in your approach to nutrition. Need all the help I can get.
  • snuff15ee
    Options
    @yc1995. It can be done with hard work and discipline. I'm 42 and I've dropped 3 inches off my waist and got to what I guess is 13-14% body fat.