found this group title for women.

carolclausen
carolclausen Posts: 3 Member
Hello Ladies. I am about two weeks into keto, looking for support. I am on keto for beginners on fb. great group. Im 58, 219lbs. I have lost 6lbs! Im doing ok, but having trouble getting enough fat, and calories. im set on 1300 cals, usually get to 800. and not enough fat. pretty close on carbs. if you subtract the fiber, i am usually fine.

Replies

• SylviaBernstein3928
    SylviaBernstein3928 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Carol. I'm 57 and just joined this group and saw your post. Starting Keto tomorrow for the first time. I found your trouble getting enough fat and calories interesting - feels pretty weird right now trying to get more fat into my diet after a lifetime of avoiding fat! I'll look for that FB group. Thanks for the tip!
  • MelodyMel23
    MelodyMel23 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, New to MyFitness Pal. My Keto journey has been quite eventful. Start stop X 5 now. I am on a new week, but the thing that has made a great difference for me has been dealing with my emotions, and finally finding an exercise routine that works for me at my age/ability level. I am actually seeing a change in my weight! I am finding weighing myself a teensy bit easier. As in, I can actually tolerate the idea of getting on that scale in the mornings. That is progress for me.

Not going to lie, I am feeling encouraged!!!
  • thaliamustafa
    thaliamustafa Posts: 61 Member
    Hi! Im glad I found this little thread! I am starting a 30 day challenge today eating keto and running 30 miles (1 for each day). I figured a little support would make it easier to stay on track so here I am! I am 29 (as of yesterday) 5'4 and weigh 156.2 pounds. I would like to get to 140-144 as my husband and I will be trying for a baby in August/September and I want to make sure I start at a healthy weight. its 12-16 pounds and i was down to 144 back in April but fell off.
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    I had the same trouble when I started Keto, couldn't get my fats up. Then I discovered something I had forgotten and held at bay for such a long time on other diet plans. Real butter. 1 tablespoon added to vegetables increases the fat, the flavor, and the richness of foods. 1 tablespoon adds 104 calories, 12 grams of fat. I've been able to get up my fat levels easily this way. just 1 tbs at breakfast and dinner adds in just 200 calories, and 24 grams of fat to my macros.