Anyone starting tomorrow (May 31st)?

Options
didans
didans Posts: 42 Member
I've done C25K a few times years ago. I've gained weight and need to get on it! Anyone else starting tomorrow?

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    There are some in the march group is still early-ish in the process and checking in. I already finished but I’ll cheer for you!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    hi @didans I am a constant restarter, I typically run on the treadmill but tossing around the idea of starting from w1d1 outside.... currently we have a major special air quality advisory so not thinking outside will be an option today, but I am determined to get a run done today after work!
    When are you going to do yours? Are you using a specific running app? Add me if you'd like!

Shiel
  • didans
    Options
    Hi ladies! Change of plans, my morning got away from me, and I didn't run. So, I'll start tomorrow. This (not running) can't become a habit! I don't workout in the evenings anymore due to cortisol and wanting to only rev it up in the mornings.
    What app is your favorite? I'll guess I'll use the app that I've had for years, granted I haven't used it in forever. It might not be the best one. It's called 5K Runmeter (blue icon w/white shoe). Yesterday I downloaded C25K (orange w/white letters), but not sure if I'll switch to it.
  • showjumper
    Options
    I use the zen labs C25K which maybe the one you just downloaded...
    where are you in the world? The smoke has cleared quite a bit today so I will get out there early this evening... my evening got away from me and I didn’t get mine in either...

Let’s make today work!!
    @didans
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I used the NHS podcasts instead of an app.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I've used RunDouble C25k for years. I bought the full version. It includes a 5 to 10k plan, interval plans, and open run options.
  • showjumper
    Options
    W1D2 done over my lunch break! Need to pack a bag a bit better... but it’s a start! New week, new month.... new goals!!

Happy Monday! @didans how are you doing?
  • didans
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    @showjumper Woohoo! Yes, new goals! I'm impressed that you completed a run over your lunch break! Do you work from home? I work from home... it's nice that I'll be able to go to the gym and run a couple mornings this week, not super early, probably around 8am-9am.
    I started W1D1 yesterday. I ended up using the zenlabs C25k app. I'm sore today. It feels good actually! Tomorrow I'll continue W1D2.
  • showjumper
    Options
    @didans We are using the same program :smiley: Hopefully your session goes well today! I work outside the home, but we have a set lunch hour.. so I change right at noon and head out, then it leaves me 20 min ish to eat, cool down and change back into my work outfit. I used to do it all the time but this is a new job for me so I had to get into a routine. I find if I don't plan it I will work straight through my break, and it is an hour that I can make the run work.
    Don't forget to stretch! Let me know how it goes today......looks like we will be on opposite days!

S
  • didans
    Options
    @showjumper Awesome, that's great dedication you have! :)
    Well, I didn't feel like working out this morning, but I did it anyway...yay willpower! W1D2 complete! I also rode the stationary bike for 25 minutes, stair stepper for 2 minutes. Man that stair stepper burns! I need to build up very slowly on that one.
  • frannie_h20
    frannie_h20 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit further on from you - I did week 5 run 2 today. Feel free to add me if you like 🙂
  • showjumper
    Options
    Yay! @didans good job on getting it done when you didn't feel like it! I know all about that, the first step out the door is always the hardest! Stairs are a killer.... but once you build a base it should come easier! Tomorrow is your day.... and you will be 3 for 3 this week, what a great start! Do you think you will go every other day or Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday and have the extra day of rest?
    I just got back from my W1D3...... it was tougher today, not sure if it was because I am tired or its windy or my ankle is bothering me or just mentally drained..... I may repeat today on the treadmill on Friday (its meant to rain and be cold) and see if my ankle feels any better.
    Happy Hump day!

• didans
    Options
    @showjumper Oh no, how is your ankle feeling now? Hopefully better. Did you end up repeating W1D3 on the treadmill on Friday?
    As much as I'd like to have set days that I workout and do C25k, I haven't so far. Tomorrow will be W2D1. I'm aiming to do W2D2 on Tuesday. Then W2D3 on Thursday. It might shift from week to week.
    Happy weekend :)
  • didans
    Options
    @frannie_h20 Awesome that you're on week 5!!! Very cool! Has it been easy to keep up the program week to week?
  • frannie_h20
    frannie_h20 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Because each run is short and you can do it any time I find it pretty easy to keep up with. My husband would also shame me if I was being lazy, haha. There are some runs I've found harder than others but that is often due to me being tired in general so then I obviously find it harder. My fitness has definitely improved so I'm not finding them hard like being out of breath, more that my legs get tired and heavy and don't want to move!
  • showjumper
    Options
    Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a good weekend..... @didans I did not run on Friday, we had snow and rain and cold all day! YUCK! I rested my ankle instead and ran on the treadmill on Saturday instead........everything seemed ok. I will try and get outside tonight to do W2D1.

How did you make out?
  • tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I am a week behind you all as I just started this week. I'd love to keep checking in for motivation. Please feel free to add me as well. Happy Running!
  • showjumper
    Options
    W2D1 done...... ankle was temperamental by the last run! but I got it done. Cardio was good just mechanics were a bit off! Not sure if I will run at lunch next week as the temperatures are going up and I am the type that sweats after I finish so depending on work load and meetings I will see what happens.
  • tslawson3
    tslawson3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Is everyone still at it from this thread? I'm on WK3. I hope you're all having success.
  • showjumper
    Options
    I’m still lurking... I have been cleared to start running again... I am just heading out at 7:30 to see how W1D1 goes....