June accountability

NicoleL874
NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
HEY HEY HEY! A few have asked to continue, so here I am!

JUNE GOALS? WHAT ARE YOURS?

Here are mine --

This month, I'm not going to kid myself and say I'll log all my food. I'm striving for better...baby steps.

My issue this past month was two-fold. ALL MY FAULT, but yeah. My parents came in, so I took a "vacation" which is unacceptable. Plus, we have a new manager at work. She's been too good at stocking the kitchen and I've been grazing. Even if I only hit the almonds and cheese, I don't need something every hour. No one does. Plus, when you go for almonds and there are none, it's amazing how gummy bears or M&Ms end up in your face.

So, I got back on the wagon on Friday and have been doing good since. My workouts are still on point. I'm doing a "jumping jack" challenge with another support group, so I'm not going to worry about my push ups this month.

This month, I really want to make sure I stay "on". Next month, I have a 2 weeks trip to help my parents after Dad has surgery. My parents always mean "CHEAT AND EAT" in my brain, so I really want to focus all month and develop some strategies to avoid that next month!

We did bring our kayaks out for the first time this season! 4.5 miles! It was a great trip, and for this season, I'd like to see 80-100 miles. Last year we hit that easily, but Paul's schedule is looking far busier this summer than last, so we'll see...it should still be doable.

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Happy June!!! My challenges this month will be working on improving my eating/logging on weekends, and grazing. I do great during the week - I go to the gym before work, I prep my meals, log them, but on weekends, I don't plan well at all. I don't keep anything "bad" in the house, but when I have no schedule or plan the grazing begins. I go for the easy things like protein bars, and before I know it I might have 3 protein bars in 4 hours but no real meal, and then I think I am keeping track in my head as I go. so I don't log much on weekends either. I gotta do WAY better with the weekends.

I have been having issues with my shoulder for months, and now that it's finally feeling much better I want to at least try to do some exercise with mild resistance to see how I do.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Hey all! I also need to be better on weekends! Haven’t gotten an “official” weight at my WW meeting since just before we went to NY on spring break..NY is home so lots of friends and family and food.

I plan to weigh in this Saturday. I have been stressed/depressed because my work situation hasn’t changed and it’s wearing on me. My daughter had an unexpected appendectomy at the end of March. Also dealing with appealing the insurance company so that they pay...otherwise I have to pay for quite a bit. Meanwhile she’s been totally off since her surgery and lost about 7 lbs in less than 2 mos. we now have to explore the eating disorder path with her - I believe it’s a combination of AFIRD and OSFED. Unlike me, she hasn’t ever been an eater, and extremely picky. She’s started eating in bed at night and she remembers (that’s part of OSFED). Needless to say I have been stressed beyond belief.

On another note, some of the Peloton groups I am part of on FB are having challenges. One is 30 workouts in 30 days - has to be at least 10 mins and even meditation counts - it’s more about self care. The other is a 4 week core crusher challenge. I am on day 4 of 5 in week 1 and OH MY ABS!!!

My goal is to stick to these Peloton challenges...I am trying really hard - need to get back to feeling goof again! Considering financing a Peloton tread too. I feel like at this point it’s for my mental heath.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Hello all, I've been absent for quite a while and I need to get back on track mentally and physically. I continued to log but I didn't eat like a person wanting to lose 15 lbs and exercise has virtually been non-existent. I know better so I should do better.

My June goal is to do some type of fat burning activity for 30 minutes and get my 10K steps in daily. I did those 10K steps per day like a religion then I just stopped. I'm 15 lbs over my lowest weight after surgery and its unacceptable. I can still get in all my clothes but the pants are tight, really tight.

June for me is no excuses. I have no medical issues that prevent me from exercising and eating foods to support weight loss. My goal is simple, lose 1 pound a week for the month of June. That one pound may seem minor but I was never a fast loser and in four weeks I'll be 11 pounds closer to my goal.
  • Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    I totally forgot that I was going to check in on Monday! I started a refocus this month Monday, logging my foods, and no snacking (or limited), and getting exercise back in.

I did really well, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday... Yesterday, I lost control and had a "snack"... popcorn, peanut butter, 4 chips ahoy cookies, a cheese stick, frozen fruit, and beef jerky. typing it all out, I am still like, what the actual *kitten*? and hang my head in shame. I then went for a 3.5 mile walk with the doggos, so, maybe it helped?

Today is a new day. Today, I will focus on drinking plenty of water (been getting over 100 ounces/day this whole week!)
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Don't have time to add much, but I'm here, and back on track! Starting a 12 week challenge at work on Monday. Found a new walking buddy. Had an InBody assessment today - ugh. Have gained an utterly disgusting 35 pounds in the past 2.5 years, which is when I was at my lowest (148 pounds for one day only!). The InBody machine says I need to lose 51 pounds, which is silly; I'd be gaunt. But I would like to reach - and STAY - at 145. Entered into a tai chi tournament at the end of July, and my goal is to turn in my size large tai chi silks unworn before then... in exchange for size medium! Wish me luck! Carbs, coffee candy, and chardonnay are my weaknesses. Carbs and candy are relatively easy to get of of - just fill up with fresh salad from my burgeoning garden and my CSA (community supported agriculture) share. Wine, tho: not so much.

Esp learning last night my bro may have cancer... waiting on results. He's been in hospital the past 23 days with kidney failure and gout... at 57 years old. Was diagnosed with diabetes in January. He's been a study in what not to do: bad diet, no exercise, lots of beer.... but he has been truly diligent since January, lost 35 pounds, and was really turning his life around. So... prayers requested for Colin S., please!
  • NicoleL874
    MORNING! A rough one here at work so far...ughhh…

Anyway, I've been really good this week. Yay! I'm down a pound. My workouts have been on hold because of scheduling issues, but I'm ok with that. I did a 3 mile kayak trip on Saturday, it was beautiful! Short one...we're slowly ramping back up to our long ones.

@akindofmagick FitVineWines. Google them, they have a store locator. Their Chardonnay has 2.5 carbs per 5 oz serving. ;) (positive thoughts for your brother!)
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    6/10
    I’m owning my crap. I made a choice to go off plan the last few days. I’m back at the high end of my maintaining bounce range. Up seven pounds. Still amazes me how quickly I gain.

Back on track day one. Detoxing and I’m not pleasant to be around.
  • NicoleL874
    fit_chickx wrote: »
    6/10
    I’m owning my crap. I made a choice to go off plan the last few days. I’m back at the high end of my maintaining bounce range. Up seven pounds. Still amazes me how quickly I gain.

Back on track day one. Detoxing and I’m not pleasant to be around.

CarboHYDRATE...if "off plan" means adding carbs, there's a lot of quick water weight that packs on. Guess what, that comes off quickly too! (Usually)
  • NicoleL874
    Not a Monday...but needs to be shared! I need to be on top of logging at least my proteins. I got my annual labs drawn, everything is in "normal" ranges, but my protein and calcium are both at the low end. I need to make the conscious effort to get both in! Not logging, I THINK I know, but clearly I don't. Started logging today...
  • BethyAnny
    BethyAnny Posts: 11 Member
    Hi! I had RNY about 3 yrs. ago & lost about 75 lbs., but have lost focus and need to lose about 100 more. This summer is my big push to get back on track! I work at a school and yesterday was my last day till August, so I'm taking this time to focus on ME. I could use some support and I commit to logging all my food for the rest of this week. This is Day 1 for me. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    I always seem to come in mid-month, just can't get my ^%$# together! I really need to lose another 15 and get moving....had to quit my gym a month ago. I do have to go back to the doc in 6 months so that is my goal. 15 in six months is totally doable even at my age and slow loss trend....so off I go...... Also want to start walking my poor dog who is also gaining weight, so that is my big goal this month, take Bella walking. She is a lab/great dane and needs to lose around 15 too.
  • NicoleL874
    Happy Monday morning!

So, my workouts have taken a bit of a pause. Part of it, I work with a dear friend who has hurt her right foot and cannot drive. So, I pick her up and drive her home. It would be an additional 20 miles at the end of my day to get to the gym, plus, it would put me in awful traffic heading home from the gym due to timing. Part of it, my body is screaming at me. So, I'm ok with it.

However, my eating took the same vacation this weekend and I can't let that happen. Like full on second dinner at the bar on Friday, complete with dessert. Not sure what I was thinking, so I'm trying to detox, yet again, from the carbs and the sugar. I've been really good since. I've been tracking MOST of my food here and in Carb Manager. (I find that even with all the complaints I've heard other people have here, it's more accurate than Carb Manager.)

I'm doing well getting my protein in. I really have to focus on healthy habits. I'm gone from 7/2 - 7/13, back to my parents' house. My dad is having surgery. He's Mom's caretaker. He won't be able to drive for the first five days, and cannot lift anything more than 7lbs for the first week. Well, I'll be doing the driving, and helping Mom get in and out of bed, the shower, chairs, etc. Stress usually means misbehaving.

That being said, the first four days are going to be tough. Luckily, Paul will be flying out on 7/6 for the rest of the trip. He'll help with Dad from there, and whatever he comfortably can with Mom. Plus, he'll help keep me in check for my own sake.

I'll definitely be hitting up my support system to keep me sane, lol

Now, I'm going to go log my food...

Have a great week all!
  • garber6th
    This weekend I went off the rails a bit. I had dinner with friends Saturday and Father's Day dinner with friends yesterday. I ate more sugar and carbs than normal, and when I do that, I really feel it. This morning I dragged my butt to the gym before 5 am to get my week off to a good start, and I am about to pre-log my food for the day. It's going to be a good week!
  • fit_chickx
    Check in

It’s summer, I have been off track for longer than usual. Last week we had house guests, Father’s Day and a block party. All of celebrating made it easy to justify choices. Working away at the stress emotional eating. I’m doing better with it.

Still on the high end of my bounce range.
  • fit_chickx
    Check in - The scale is moving. two pounds down.
  • KennyPollard
    KennyPollard Posts: 36 Member
    My scale is moving up. I had my band removed two weeks ago and the bottomless pit that was my stomach has once again returned.
    I’m trying to maintain my eating strategy but without the restriction I am finding I am hungry most of the time and can not get that full feeling without gorging myself.
    I see the Dr in two weeks to see when we will go ahead with the bypass. If it doesn’t happen in the near future I feel I will ballon up to my presurgery weight. It’s not a good feeling, and combined with stressors from work and home... this is getting rough.
    I’m not looking for sympathy or empathy. I’m just relaying my story, and hope that anyone who has been banded reads this. The band was a good idea at the time, but the long term affects in my case are causing more harm than good.. mentally and physically
    Joints are starting to ache, clothes aren’t fitting well and the clock isn’t moving fast enough
  • NicoleL874
    @KennyPollard do not eat to full. You cannot do it. You need to remove that mindset, even after the RNY. Eating to FULL is eating too much. We need to learn to eat to satiety. It's a difficult distinction and living in a world of "clean your plate" didn't help. Weigh and measure your portions. Put only what you know you should be eating on your plate. If you are still hungry, get up, walk around, wait 30 minutes, drink a glass of water. If you are still hungry, go for low calorie low carb options.

You can do this. Focus on your mental health right now. You know what you need to do, you've got this! You ARE stronger!
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Lots of parties and gatherings this month. Great fun but a little bit of havoc on my goals. I do keep going up a few pounds and down a few every other week it seems. But as of today I have lost two of the 15 I want to be down by December. I am a super slow loser and just want the long term satisfaction of getting to goal with a normalized lifestyle. LOL, whatever that means! My main area of opportunity right now is to increase my exercise.
  • fit_chickx

6/25 check in and weight gain. Its ridiculous that I am getting afraid of posting in this weight loss challenge.

Healthy is my goal. I’m not losing site of that.

I’m going through some trivial life’s stresses. I used so many excuses in my past to give in and gain weight. I am making excuses once again. I realize how negative I am right now. Last night I had two bagels, two pieces of toast, chips and some nuts, This is happening more and more. The scale is moving up. It feels like the old pity party person I was pre surgery.
    Losing my drive and motivation. I need a loving slap upside the head.
  • garber6th
    fit_chickx wrote: »
    6/25 check in and weight gain. Its ridiculous that I am getting afraid of posting in this weight loss challenge.

Healthy is my goal. I’m not losing site of that.

I’m going through some trivial life’s stresses. I used so many excuses in my past to give in and gain weight. I am making excuses once again. I realize how negative I am right now. Last night I had two bagels, two pieces of toast, chips and some nuts, This is happening more and more. The scale is moving up. It feels like the old pity party person I was pre surgery.
    Losing my drive and motivation. I need a loving slap upside the head.

I get all of this. I have had a super challenging week involving a very toxic friendship I had to end, and there's always a big jar of chocolates at our receptionist's desk at work, and I practically face planted into it. Not the best solution, but I logged it and the numbers didn't devastate me. But still... I already have regain I need to lose, and I don't want to make it harder on myself. It's all so frustrating!