How do you deal with meals when on travel?

Options
2»

Replies

• craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I always make myself some "snack bags" with different nuts (walnuts, pecans, etc..) because they don't even give you a nut choice now when flying it's either cookies or some kind of cracker...and I don't want either of those options...

If the day is going to be long, I will also buy a small summer sausage (I like the smoked ones) and slice it up and put it in a ziplock to take, it'll keep just fine for a day and usually does the trick for me. I also take the time to try to "push" my fast window a little (normally eat at noon each day til 8 pm...sometimes I'll try to push that to 2 or 3pm (usually whatever the last leg of my trip is) and then eat a healthy portion of the meat/nuts to hold me over until I can get into a hotel and get to a grocery store...
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Ordering salads, cheeseburgers, grilled chicken, steaks (even in sandwich form, can dump the bread). Some cheeses can also stay unrefrigerated for about 24 hrs.

Boiled eggs, couple of cans of tuna, salt and pepper packets, and mayo packets, tuna salad, one of my favorite snacks.

Haha, put boiled eggs in an air tight container, or you won't be liked on plane. ;)