• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Here is the original article she wrote:

http://www.bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h4962
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Kudos to the BMJ for standing by her and refusing to retract!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Her book, The Big Fat Surprise , was the 1st book I read when I considered switching to keto. It was pretty enlightening and definitely helped me overcome my fear of fat.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Thanks for posting!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I noticed our library has her audio book so I am downloading it to my phone right now. Will be listening to it on my drives to work next week :)
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I know this is a really old thread, but I just got through listening to the Big Fat Surprise on Audio Book. Even though I've been low carb for several years and have read and listened to so much stuff on the subject including some of her presentations this book blew me away.

The way all of the dietary guidelines have come about was mind blowing......I would recommend to anyone interested in learning more about the subject.

Definitely makes me want to start/keep eating as many whole foods as possible and leave processed foods (even low carb ones) out of my diet completely.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thank you for bumping this thread. Big Fat Surprise may be my next book to read. I do a Keto/Whole 30 type of eating, eating as many whole foods as possible.
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    The Magic Pill is an interesting viewing experience too.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    This movie is soon coming out, based much on her book: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fat-a-documentary#/