PMS Weight Gain - HELP!

Options
cayenne_007
cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
So I've been on Nuvaring for about 6ish years and just skip dealing with aunt flo monthly.... kind of in between doctors since I moved and ran out 2 months ago. Last month wasn't that bad, but HOLY SMOKES this month I want to die. I've literally gained 5 freakin lbs in water weight THIS WEEK. I haven't eaten the best, but I've done decently and still getting in lots of walking. The scale just keeps going up & up. I weighed the most I think I've weighed in 6 wks this morning. It feels like the entire bloating is my gut. How long does it take y'all for the bloat to go away montly? (I've been dealing with this since Monday). I'm exhausted, hangry, bloated, and having awful cramps... Surely it will be better by Friday?

Replies

• cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking tons of water and forcing myself to just keep plodding thru my daily routine.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I usually un-bloat about two days after my cycle starts, usually a 3-5lb shift. Maddening I know.
  • rebeccalcollins
    rebeccalcollins Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Because your cycle has been off for several months due to the Nuvaring, maybe it's overreacting to the hormones this month? That has happened to me in the past...I tend to be fine one month and then a disaster the next...and the alternative continues.
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Aah I'm pretty much in your situation, ran out of Nuvarings last month and am abroad so can't buy one here..now I'm waiting for my first real cycle (already late) and I'm starting to feel the bloating accumulate :s Let's see how it goes!
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I think I have this problem, but I had a hysterectomy a few years ago (kept my ovaries) and so I really have no earthly idea what is happening when in my cycle. (All I know is I am not menopausal in terms of hormone levels. Obviously I am not having cramps, but mood changes, bloating, hunger, and water weight gain are all there. It's like, I know I didn't eat 10,500 extra calories this week, there's no way I could even if my logging was really bad, but the scale went up 3 pounds anyway, etc.)