TRIMSTONES TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    @mulecanter No, none of the rest of us (parents) have ever had parenting challenges....and I have a bridge I'm trying to sell, if you are interested!

@jessicakrall8 & @mulecanter I thought it was cheating to pay off the scale gods. If I only knew! Congrats on the loss!
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    Interestingly, I had a high carb (for me) weekend and actually lost weight! I think when I started this journey, that I was pre-pre-diabetic and not processing carbs well. Curious to see if this was also the result of whimsical scale gods!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,153 Member
    Options
    Went to a Chinese place tonight and was selective in what I chose...got a nibble of this or that and came home and put away half of it! Stayed in control and had a few things I really enjoyed! Small victories!!! YAY!! Tomorrow I have to get through a Caribbean lunch party for a colleague who's leaving next week. Thursday I have a luncheon with the President of the company...but they usually order sandwiches/salads so that will make it easier...I expect to go over a bit tomorrow and I don't plan to eat breakfast, so that will help.

I'm tired and headed to bed now. Have a wonderful hump day tomorrow ya'll! JK
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Forgot to mention something important...last week I made a posting in support of one of the ladies on my friend's list. I tried to share a bit of myself, as I think when I'm struggling with something, it helps to know where others have struggled as well. Another person on my friend's list attacked me because I had mentioned my faith when talking about my struggles and how offensive it is to others.

I just wanted to say to anyone on my friend's list that if I've offended any of you in any way, I'm truly sorry. It was never my intention to do so. I don't preach at anyone. The only reference I made was in reference to my own personal struggles. Please know that I'm not like that to anyone. I accept everyone and try to be as kind as I possibly can, but I can't just change who I am inside and not talk about it, especially when it comes to personal struggles. OF COURSE, I turn to my faith during those times.

I just wanted to apologize publicly and I hope if I've hurt any of you, that you'll let me know.

Have a nice night all...I really love this group and think you're all wonderful, supportive people. Thank you for accepting me, despite my failings...

Jessica
  • rosetigger
    rosetigger Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    6/24-7310
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 Hugs Jessica! Just wanted to say that I think you're fabulous and I can tell that you are kind, and sweet, and caring! I'm sorry that you offended someone, but honestly....Well honestly, it makes total sense to me that you would mention YOUR faith as part of YOUR journey. I have to say, I have never noticed your posts to be offensive in any way! AND that was a beautiful apology whether needed or not! Great job navigating dinner out, and good luck with the food events ahead! Trina
  • rosetigger
    rosetigger Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Today my grandson graduated from elementary school. Here in BC we have schools with different grade levels. My grandson just finished grade 5. Now he will go to middle school for 3 years, then high school. I took the day off to go watch him graduate. I can barely believe I have a grandson that old. I took my dogs for two half hour walks and went shopping and made a casserole for dinner. My steps are over 11k. I'm pretty tired from all that. I get to work from home tomorrow so I can sleep in a bit. This will be the first time. It should be interesting. I hope everyone enjoyed the day.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @rosetigger That sounds like a wonder day!! CONGRATS on your grandson's elementary graduation. I bet he was smiling and very proud! You should share a picture of the two of you...would love to see it! What kind of casserole did you make? I'm always looking for new casserole recipes...love the ones where it's nearly a whole meal in one entree, with all food groups represented. Great job on the steps! Enjoy sleeping in! I work from home on occasion but usually only during the winter when the weather gets ugly. Enjoy your day! Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @kmfeig87 Thank you for your kind words and for the good wishes with the food events starting today! I haven't been making the best choices and have really been struggling with my nutrition of late. I just have little willpower, so today will be a challenge. I got up extra early this morning and walked for 30 minutes so got my first 3500 steps out of the way. Then, when I showered and dressed, I did another 1500...hope it helps! At least I'll hit 10k today! Enjoy your day ladybug! Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Tuesday weigh in (that I forgot to do on Tuesday)
    PW: 308.4
    CW: 311.8 SMH I'm such a dork. UGH!
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    kcpond
    May Week 3
    Wednesday
    Past Week: 227.0
    Current Week: 225.5
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    kmfeig87 wrote: »
    @mulecanter No, none of the rest of us (parents) have ever had parenting challenges....and I have a bridge I'm trying to sell, if you are interested!

@jessicakrall8 & @mulecanter I thought it was cheating to pay off the scale gods. If I only knew! Congrats on the loss!

Oooh, I'm in the market for a bridge! Is it alright if I pay you in Venezuelan Bolivars?
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    6/25 7,008
  • jlrush2312
    jlrush2312 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    jlrush2312
    Wednesday
    Week 4
    PW 230.6
    CW 228.8
  • jlrush2312
    jlrush2312 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    6/25 - 4609
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    We have two dogs, primary is a female German Shepherd, auxilary is a mid-sized male mutt (we think he is what they call here in New Mexico--a "res dog" meaning the mix often found on the reservations around the state.) Auxilary dog has been declared obese by the vet, the poor guy no longer gets to lick my plates. I think he is just big boned or perhaps has a thyroid condition, the wife is being very strict on him. Seems unfair that a dog can have a diet forced on him but it's for the best. Someone should restrict me to 1 cup per day too. n1072mkoj3dl.png
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    @mulecanter lol! Beautiful dogs! Perhaps auxiliary dog would like to join the team?
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 It's not a casserole, but I have a good recipe for healthy turkey chilli if you are interested! Don't be frustrated by a blip up. Happens to all of us, and the key is not to let the scale mess with your head! You can do it!!! And great job getting some early walking in!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    @mulecanter I think the 1 cup per day diet might help me too. :D
This discussion has been closed.