Just beginning... looking for friends

RennaRaye92
RennaRaye92 Posts: 1 Member
Hello, all!

Yesterday, I had my first consult with a Dr. Regarding bariatrics. I've heavily modified my eating as a diabetic, joined the gym, did beach body for a bit, and even tried medical intervention (fentermine). And.... nothing. I'd maybe lose 10 lbs here and there, but it's all come back on. I have a 17 month old son, and it's time to take control for his sake, and for any future pregnancies.
I'm looking for friends for support, ideas, food diary sharing, and even just to be able to chat with and/or vent with.

31 yo, female
Lives in PA
Current/high weight: 288
5' 2"
Hoping to someday get down to 140
Married with 1 little one
Type 2 diabetic

Replies

• jlmcd1976
    jlmcd1976 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello, I just started my program for surgery. You can add me.
  • tracyzap
    tracyzap Posts: 4 Member
    My second appointment is Feb 25, and if i'm still on track i'll be getting my surgery in March/April 2019, you can def add me!

I've done beachbody, gym, keto, etc. So far Keto worked the best, lost around 50lbs from June 2018 to now with it, but stopped being on it because I need to get more calcium and vitamins as prep for surgery.
  • alysiafoulds
    alysiafoulds Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I'm new here too. I've had 2 appointments at the bariatric clinic and am hoping to be approved for surgery.
    I'm currently 353.2lbs and 5' 8". 40yr old married female. I am hoping to get down to 140lbs. My weight has caused arthritis in my back and knees and fear of meeting people. I have lost weight before but I always gain it back plus more. You can add me.
  • Mystical_Mari
    Mystical_Mari Posts: 13 Member
    Hi! I was sleeved about 4 months ago and would love to be friends.