Anyone doing keto?

Options
Jocoryei01
Jocoryei01 Posts: 5 Member
Hi ya
I'm doing keto and its going well. I'm not always great at logging or eating healthy enough. Anyone interestrd in sharing diaries ,I could do with a bit of inspiration x

Replies

• TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I’m starting keto again this week. I’m looking for recommendations on best places to find keto products as I found my local supermarket to have little options.

For example....a low carb cream cheese...Tesco only had Philadelphia and it seems to have a lot of carbs.

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I’m starting keto again this week. I’m looking for recommendations on best places to find keto products as I found my local supermarket to have little options.

For example....a low carb cream cheese...Tesco only had Philadelphia and it seems to have a lot of carbs.

Philadelphia only has 4.1g Carbs per 100g, that's fairly low considering you'd probably only typically have around 20-30g in a serving. Boursin has slightly less (3g per 100g) but that's probably the best you're going to find.

Anything marketing itself as Keto is likely to be a money-making racket.
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    Options

Philadelphia only has 4.1g Carbs per 100g, that's fairly low considering you'd probably only typically have around 20-30g in a serving. Boursin has slightly less (3g per 100g) but that's probably the best you're going to find.

Thanks, Ang. I guess Philadelphia isn’t as bad as I remember.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options

Thanks, Ang. I guess Philadelphia isn’t as bad as I remember.

Might be the lower calorie versions you were looking at - there's less fat and more sugars in them so the carbs are slightly higher.
  • hopefullyoptimistic
    hopefullyoptimistic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I only started last week and am a complete novice, have been sticking to cauliflower, cabbage, sprouts, bacon, chops and eggs this past week - not very adventurous I know but I will try more as I go along
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    I am definitely cutting down on my carbs. Looking back I am still consuming a lot even though I have reduced my wheat product intake so goodness knows how much I was having before. I won't go full keto as I want a gradual change.