Health and Nutrition

Options
suzanne6094
suzanne6094 Posts: 104 Member
So this is a big part of the bjj journey, nothing beats time on the mat but for recovery, rest and nutrition are key factors.

I am the first to admit on the Nutritional Side, I often slip up so following a food journal now and trying to stick to healthy wholesome foods, really just cutting out refined and too much sugar, dairy and wheat.

Any advice will be appreciated.

What does your nutritional and restoration program assist of after a hard grinding session?

Replies

• Tatami_Matt_1
    Tatami_Matt_1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Have you read “The Gracie Diet”?

Parts of it seem really good; other bits kinda squirrelly.

Honestly - Disciplined eating is my biggest/#1 challenge to overcome. Hoping MFP will help
  • suzanne6094
    suzanne6094 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I really like Rickson Gracie's diet plan, very similar to mine but with the intense training (rolling with the men heavier than myself) I find that my body is craving red meat for the first time ever, there is just something in it that helps my recovery...

Think just getting in enough calories should be my main focus.... trying to use MFP now to hold myself accountable.
  • Tatami_Matt_1
    Tatami_Matt_1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I really like Rickson Gracie's diet plan, very similar to mine but with the intense training (rolling with the men heavier than myself) I find that my body is craving red meat for the first time ever, there is just something in it that helps my recovery...

Think just getting in enough calories should be my main focus.... trying to use MFP now to hold myself accountable.

Makes sense. My calorie challenge is the exact opposite l though, LOL