Introductions

Options

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @Rigibann Welcome Rita! A trip to Turkey sounds awesome.
    @oneprincesslea Welcome Lea! You’re in the right place to make it happen.
    @GoodNPlentyMore Welcome Alicia! You definitely have your hands full. You have my admiration. Welcome to the group.
  • GoodNPlentyMore
    GoodNPlentyMore Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @goldthistime Thank you for the warm welcome and it's encouraging to hear this challenge is working so well for you.
    @TerriRichardson112 8 times to Winner's Circle? That's amazing!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    @GoodNPlentyMore
    Hi Alicia. 'I just wrote the perfect intro and then somehow deleted it' We've all done that! Lol!
    Welcome to UAC. Well done on your recovery and progress so far. And best wishes for a full recovery.

• MadDuck62
    MadDuck62 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting back into MFP after a long absence; I've now logged my food for 5 days in a row! I've been very successful with MFP before and I'm ready to do it again.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Michelle, age 42, and this will be my first month with UAC. My ultimate goal is health and mobility. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder several years back and was only able to walk 10 minutes at a time on the treadmill before my legs would start to go numb. My journey began then. I was lucky to get 3500 steps a day. I joined a great group here on mfp and they challenge me each day to keep moving. Now, I am averaging over 6300 steps. I would love to get to 10000 a day or more. As well, I recently had an wellness exam done. There were a few markers that are elevated. My goal is to get those numbers within acceptable limits by diet and exercise.

I look forward to being apart of this group!
  • SHEFITT45
    SHEFITT45 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am new to this challenge, but not new to MFP. My goal is weight loss and maintain once I lose the weight. I gained 30lbs, and that is a very uncomfortable amount of weight gain for my height 5’6 and my age 44. I am currently 188lbs, and my ideal weight is 145. I haven’t had the discipline to do what I needed to lose weight, but here I am and ready to get going! I look forward to this challenge.
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Molly from the SF Bay Area. This will be my 16th month with UAC. It took me about 4 months to sign up originally, it seemed too strict for someone like me. I'm so glad i joined! Even though i don't make the winners circle the majority of the time, i have seen huge improvement in my body composition, discipline and attitude when i approach food. I am still on my weight loss journey, have 15-20 lbs left until my original goal.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I've planned my week and really hope I can do this!

Generally, do people eat back their exercise cals?

I'm quite active and recently had my activity level at active. But, I do have lazy days, so, I've dropped my activity level down to reduce my cals. This is fairer on less active days and think I'll go with eating back half my exercise calories to ensure I maintain a deficit.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi. I'm Rhonda. I'm 50 and live in Texas. I'm new to this challenge, and I'm looking forward to it, as well as interacting with all of you. I think the accountability piece is my missing link. Does this month's challenge actually start today, June 30th or tomorrow, July 1st? I'm asking because the other challenges I'm in all started their July challenges today, June 30th.

Wishing us all the best this month! We got this!

******Never mind about my question regarding the start date. I found the daily "sign in" pages. :smile:
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am Cathy from St. Louis, MO. I'm 53 years old, married 29 years and have a son in Philadelphia and a daughter in Memphis. I joined this group in May, did pretty well and then didn't check in much in June due to a week of vacation that just threw me off schedule. I'm trying to lose 10 lbs and having a really hard time! After going from basically no exercise to walking at least 20 minutes almost every day in May and really watching my calories, I ended up gaining weight! 😐 I'm frustrated but thrilled to be back and love the support and positivity of this wonderful group!!!!