KCJen wrote: »
    Date: Tuesday, July 2nd

Exercise Tracked In MFP: Yes, Active but not the treadmill today
    Calories and Water Tracked In MFP: Yes
    Within Daily Calorie Range: Yes

Extra:
    Daily Water Goal: 3 out of 7 water-bottles
    Pass Day Count: 1

Keep moving forward and keep making progress….I gotta keep on keeping on : )

As for today's discussion, I am recently struggling with the habit of tracking. However, I think tracking is going to be a lifelong necessary habit I need to do. Which is this month's goal, track daily and develop that habit again.

I am thankful for this UAC group and thanks for all that everyone does to make it a successful group @RangerRickL

Just a suggestion... using mfp you can plan/track for the week. Setup each day and then on the actual day tweak it if necessary. I prelog in the am and then I know what I'm having today. I leave wiggle room if I add a snack etc. or if I don't at the end of the day it's more in the deficit column. Side note this method helps with food shopping too :)

@KCJen This is what I do as well, in addition I start with dinner, since this is when the whole family eats together, and plan from there. For me this means that I can have the meal I want without worrying that I’ll be over calories. Other people I know pre-plan meals they eat at home and leave a deficit for those meals they eat out. The advice I would give is to figure out what works for you and what you will stick to doing. Good luck and hang in there.
  • ShareASmile
    ShareASmile Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 40 minutes on the treadmill plus short walks at work
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, barely
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

@Ketch_22 and @ConfidentRaven Thank you for the suggestion to pre-plan and/or pre-track for the day. My struggle is an odd one. I feel like when I track throughout the day, I'm always thinking about food, so that 'makes' me eat more. I have found this to be the case with almost any diet I've tried! Crazy, I know. Also, my biggest challenge is late night snacking!!!!! I'm OK throughout the day, but after dinner when I'm relaxing, I instantly start thinking about chips or a bowl of cereal! :blush: Rarely have cereal for breakfast, but ALWAYS want it in the evening. Maybe starting with dinner and my evening cereal is the way to go. Anyway, always open to suggestions and always appreciate everyone's great ideas!!
  • Rozbee1
    Rozbee1 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    July 2nd

Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Exercised yes
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    😎
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    @ShareASmile I had the same problem at first, that if I thought about food I would want it. What’s been working for me is to pre-plan just before breakfast and tweak/update at meal times or snacks. Good luck finding what works for you.
  • Samantharavenclaw84
    Samantharavenclaw84 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Pass-
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    July 2
    Ex- 9 min RESTED
    Food over by 217
    Tracked all
    Pass Day 2
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    July 1
    Pass #1

July 2
    Pass # 2

I'm out of the country and not able to know the calorie content if unfamiliar foods.