July Accountability Support Group

Options
ppmintpatty
ppmintpatty Posts: 18 Member
Monday is July 1st and I need to get serious. I am looking for others who want to get back on track and do what we know works. I missed the June challenge because I was busy eating junk food and not logging anything and ignoring the scale. I am up 17 pounds from my lowest post op weight. The pants are getting tight. I need to turn this around NOW! My goals?

1. Log my food and record my weight daily.
2. Walk 30 minutes or more at least 5 days a week.
3. Report my results here weekly. The good and the bad. Honestly.

Won’t you join me? A new start is right around the corner....

Replies

• fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I’m in for July accountability

I finally got angry with myself and made some food and behavior changes. Three pounds down this morning. Still have some weight to lose. My goal for July is five pounds.
  • BethyAnny
    BethyAnny Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody!

I'm in for July and I need some friends who use MFP ever day. Please friend me!

My RNY was 3 yrs. ago, and weight loss has stalled for way too long. I'm down about 75 lbs. from my HW, but need to lose another 90 lbs. I've learned I can't eat more than about 1,000-1,200 or I just don't lose. My goal for July is 10 lbs. I recently joined the local gym that has both an indoor and outdoor pool. My exercise goal is 3x/week - 60 min. of water aerobics. Also, I'm turning 59 in July - yikes! I just bought a Fitbit, so I linked MFP to my Fitbit this morning, we'll see how that goes.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I say this all the time but I REALLY need to up my exercise and plan better for weekends. I have some friends in the same boat and we agreed to be each other's support system, so between them and this group I am hoping to be more accountable for these things.
  • fit_chickx
    Options
    I'm being honest, I'm not where I want to be. I've been making this process harder by losing and gaining the same pounds. I'm not making progress to get to my personal goal. Being angry with myself is helping my discipline. Ive been in a comfort zone way to long.

I need to RIP off the bandaid and just do this.
  • fit_chickx
    Options
    Check in July 5th.

Woohoo! The scale is moving, and I survived the fourth of July temptations. BBQ get together on Saturday. Continuing to keep things in check.
  • fit_chickx
    Options
    July 8th

Feeling good that I've kept on track for a straight week. I'm still slowly working this gain off. I'm determined not to sabotage myself.
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I would love to work on the July challenge. I took the first step and planned a menu for the week and bought a lot of veggies. I can't say I have nothing to eat and go to junk food. I also want to get myself to the gym at least 3 times this week. I know they are small steps but at least they are positive ones.
  • Ecowles675
    Ecowles675 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am in for July! I am almost 2 years out and can see bad habits creeping back in. I have to refocus and prioritize exercise and eating well.

My July goal is to track daily and exercise at leas 4 times this week.
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Joining in! Down 3 pounds since 1 July. :smile:
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Late to the party, but I'm in for the rest of July! I have been gaining at an alarming rate for about a year. This stops now.
  • fit_chickx
    Options
    7/13
    Staying focused and the scale is moving. 3 pounds down.
  • littlegibbs62
    littlegibbs62 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm late to the party, but can I join y'all? :)