Paleo-Vegan Diet

Options
CookieRehab
CookieRehab Posts: 65 Member
Hello,

I have been vegan for quite a while and have tried to merge paleo into it once before. When I did try Pegan I thought I was going to die and dreamt of bean burritos. Eating healthy has been a learning experience for me and I am a bit more knowledgeable than I was 4 yrs ago. So I am hoping to give it another go.

I was wondering if any of you have any tips for someone who is hoping to merge into your Paleo lifestyle. Prehaps some vegan friendly recipes? Please and thank you. :3

Replies

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I don't see how vegan and Paleo would work! What is left to eat? If legumes work for you I would say, eat them.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    For vegan protein: hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, nuts, dark leafy greens.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    This guy has a "pegan" diet, but it's not entirely vegan. Good food for thought, regardless.

https://drhyman.com/blog/2014/11/07/pegan-paleo-vegan/
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You're very likely going to have to give somewhere. Paleo and Vegan are, in their pure forms, mutually exclusive.

It might be worth looking at why you're vegan and see if where the compromises are that you are willing to make. Then, look at why you want to include Paleo and see where the compromises there are.

For health purposes, the ultimate goal should be to ensure that your diet is nutritionally complete and gives you the energy to do what you enjoy.