Options
sweetnana126
sweetnana126 Posts: 16 Member
Believe it or not Planters Spanish Peanuts have only 1 net carb per ounce

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Spanish peanuts: Small round peanuts with a reddish-brown skin, Spanish peanuts are the smallest of the four types. Because they have higher oil content than the others, Spanish peanuts they are mostly used in peanut oil, as well as in candies, salted peanuts, and peanut butter. They are primarily grown in Oklahoma and Texas, and account for only a small part of U.S. production.
    (UofC Berkeley Wellness website)
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I love Spanish peanuts with melted chocolate. They do make good candies. Pecans and hazelnuts are even better.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    mmmm, peanuts!
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Peanuts and almonds are my weakness.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of peanuts. I love all the other nuts, macs and pecans top my list of nuts.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Love Spanish peanuts. Hard to stop eating, however.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I, personally am a pistachio fan. If you're a Brazil nut fan I tend to think you're not of this planet. You're a pod person, a space invader cause ew, how could anyone like those?!?! ;)
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    I, personally am a pistachio fan. If you're a Brazil nut fan I tend to think you're not of this planet. You're a pod person, a space invader cause ew, how could anyone like those?!?! ;)

Call me Mr. Pod then, 'cause I love Brazil nuts!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Me too @ccrdragon! I’ve always loved Brazil nuts! I used to hate eating them from the shell, but now they have them in bags ready to eat!! I like walnuts too!

I try to stay away from them since I can eat a whole container in one sitting!
  • mmultanen
    Options
    Gasp! Holy cow, there's two of you!!!

Lol. I will gladly ship any and all Brazil nuts I encounter inadvertently to you guys!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    Gasp! Holy cow, there's two of you!!!

Lol. I will gladly ship any and all Brazil nuts I encounter inadvertently to you guys!

Really there are three of us, I love Brazil nuts, but they are not common in the stores around here. I can usually find them over the feasting holidays in late fall/early winter.

I love all the nuts, but not peanuts because it isn't even a nut, it is a legume. And I don't eat legumes.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Ummm, make that 4, but Brazil nuts have to be fresh or they taste like rancid mold. I order a small 5 lb bag from a company that only ships fresh crop nuts. Pretty close to Mac nuts in price though, I think probably because they are both horrible to get out of the shells in one piece.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm an anti Brazilian nuts person, but it's not the taste, it's the texture.

Love pistachios, pecans, and cashews!! (Unfortunately, all nuts now cause me extreme pain, but sometimes they're worth the pain and too good to pass up).
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I could eat Brazil nuts all day long. :)
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Add me to the Brazil nut lovers list, lol.
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Yup. I like Brazil nuts!
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know about the spanish peanuts!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I get lance nuts at my dollar store in small package, only way I can eat nuts, I love them too much.
  • mmultanen
    Options
    so many pod people in this forum! :wink: