Poll: how many carbs per day....

Options
13»

Replies

• zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i don't have anything to measure ketones with, so i am at 0g when fasting to hit ketosis :smile:
    for something usable, and that i have symptoms of ketosis, i am able to be in the 25-40g range
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I stay between 20-40 grams a day.
  • BsBunny214
    BsBunny214 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I’m new to keto ( day 7 ) and I’m confused about carbs vs net carbs. Is there a way to track only net carbs on MFP app? In my first week I was almost 3000 calories short for the week. I tend to overdo things but really want\need to do this right. There is SO much about keto on the internet I’m so lost...
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    BsBunny214 wrote: »
    Is there a way to track only net carbs on MFP app?

There's no way to track net carbs on the app, but there is a way to do it with a computer and a browser with a browser script add on.

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi all. I’m new to keto ( day 7 ) and I’m confused about carbs vs net carbs. Is there a way to track only net carbs on MFP app? In my first week I was almost 3000 calories short for the week. I tend to overdo things but really want\need to do this right. There is SO much about keto on the internet I’m so lost...

@BsBunny214

You can customize macros, but no way to separate net carbs. I look at my nutritional values on here and subtract fibers to get an idea of my net carbs.

Get calories in, adding a tbsp of coconut oil, butter, or olive oil to any meal adds 120 calories. I also have to do keto desserts (or frozen fat bombs) which mine are mostly coconut oil, with added unsweetened cocoa powder, peanut butter, coconut flakes, and stevia, (or swerve or monk fruit). Delicious and bump calories and fat grams up!

Keto is super easy, many make it much harder than it has to be.

Good luck.

• prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options

I've wondered the same thing. Since I use the mfp app on my phone I'm not for sure how to do it either. I know to subtract fat grams from carbs to get the net carbs so I was thinking of doing that then putting the "net carbs" in an entry on "Food Notes" in my diary.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    prowell57 wrote: »

I've wondered the same thing. Since I use the mfp app on my phone I'm not for sure how to do it either. I know to subtract fat grams from carbs to get the net carbs so I was thinking of doing that then putting the "net carbs" in an entry on "Food Notes" in my diary.

I think you meant "subtract fiber grams."
    But I usually recommend that specific practice. Make sure to get the Carbs and Fiber columns beside one another, subtract, put it under Notes. :smile:
  • rmac18
    rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    20 Net
  • jhaddon7143
    jhaddon7143 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Been on keto for a week now.
    Try to keep under 40 net carbs.
    I find keto way easy to follow than other food plans.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Been on keto for a week now.
    Try to keep under 40 net carbs.
    I find keto way easy to follow than other food plans.

Me too, very filling!