Starting Over at 45!

Options
Hello! I was doing very well last year and went from 217 pounds down to 152. Early this year, I just gave up, lost my grip, and let myself go. I am back up to 200 pounds. I am embarrassed and disappointed and frustrated. I am starting all over again and could really use some support, a kick in the rear, and friends who want to share this journey with me.

Replies

• SHEFITT45
    SHEFITT45 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @RisingAboveIt I totally understand where you’re coming from. I’ve gained 30 pounds over 2 years, and it has been a challenge losing the weight. I am finally on track now that I am using MFP. I started at 188, and I have lost 4.4lbs in a week and a half. Some days are harder than others, but I push myself as best as I can. Even if it’s just walking for 30 or 60 minutes and eating healthier, it’s better than doing nothing at all. We can do this!!! 😉
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    @Shefitt45, thanks! I forced myself to work out this evening. I hated every second, but at least now that first starting-over workout is finished! :) Hopefully it gets at least a little easier from here.
  • snuff15ee
    snuff15ee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 42 and lost 35lbs in 3 months. I managed to get under 15% body fat for the first time since my 20s. I'm planning to slowly start bulking to build some lean body mass back.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    snuff15ee wrote: »
    You can add me. I'm 42 and lost 35lbs in 3 months. I managed to get under 15% body fat for the first time since my 20s. I'm planning to slowly start bulking to build some lean body mass back.

How did you bring down your BF? I don't have to go 15% but I am around 21% and aiming 18-19%. So it's not much but having a hard time. Any advice?? :)
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Starting over too at 44. I got to 152 as well but I'm not willing to do what it takes to stay there. My struggle really started around the 155/160 area so may stop there. Just shooting for a healthy BMI right now though. Hit 191 last week and I was surprised and disappointed that I let things go so far. Dedicated again though and so far the pounds are flying off. I'm not even busting out the exercise sessions like I did last time. Just eating/drinking to my goal and walking.
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Starting over at 40! You can add me if you like. I lost 130 pounds about 10 years ago, then about 40 crept back on with stressful work and a cross country move. I'm determined to chip away at it until I'm back at my goal!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I am still having to force myself to work out. I can't wait until I lose some weight and actually feel a bit more comfortable working out! Right now, I hate every second. I want to ease back into running. I wish I never stopped!
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am still having to force myself to work out. I can't wait until I lose some weight and actually feel a bit more comfortable working out! Right now, I hate every second. I want to ease back into running. I wish I never stopped!

Running is the best! Check out Jeff Galloway’s Run/walk training. It’s a great way to get back into running and slowly increase your distance.
  • BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I've been eating primarily vegan for about a month and a half and have lost 7 lbs so far on lifestyle changes alone without any additional exercise. I was 300 lbs from the age of 22 to 44, then my lipid panel deteriorated over 3 months so I decided to change everything.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options

Running is the best! Check out Jeff Galloway’s Run/walk training. It’s a great way to get back into running and slowly increase your distance.

I actually prefer this method now. I don't know if I can go back to just running straight especially since the speed is only a tad bit slower. It's more suited to the sports I play.