Breksta's OMAD weight loss accountability thread

Hello all! I have been hanging around the forum and decided to make my own thread. Hopefully it will help to keep myself accountable. I've kept debating in my head how to introduce myself, but to avoid a long essay let's start with basics:

Height: 5'7
Starting: 240 pounds (~108kg)
week#3: 229 pounds (~104kg)

I weigh myself on Fridays, so this is from last week. So far I'm happy with the results. I think I might have lost more, but I ate a lot when I was PMS'ing. My downfall seems to be the salty foods, they make me bloat and hold on to the water and weight. If I can keep the sodium low, I feel much lighter and leaner, so that's what I'm working on.

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    edited July 2019
    Welcome! What shall we call you? :) Breksta?

Salt is a constant battle for all of us worry not - read the threads, ask ALL the questions, and we'll support you through your success!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Hi there and a warm welcome! :)
    Congrats on your weight loss! We are here to cheer you on! :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hi and welcome! yes we all have the salt monster creep in :) just push push push the water to flush it all out!!!
  • greenandblack77
    greenandblack77 Posts: 18 Member
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome <3

Yes you can call me Breksta. As you probably can tell I'm not from the US, so I do apologize in advance for any weird expressions :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited July 2019
    LMFAO we don't mind! Where are you from?
  • greenandblack77
    Lithuania :))
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Woot woot! Welcome and great job so far!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    FUN! Hope you're an adventurous eater, cause I'd like to learn about Lithuanian cuisine! LOL
  • greenandblack77
    Thanks again for the warm welcome. I think I will have to disappoint you Steph, I'm a pretty boring eater most of the time LOL.

So this past week has been a bit stressful, but the good kind. I'm in between jobs and this week I've had some promising phone interviews. A modest loss this week:

week#4: 226 pounds (102.4kg)

Cannot wait to go under 100kg / under 220 lbs :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    3 pounds is awesome. You are doing great...Keep up the good work..,Best wishes of the new job.
  • mistymeadows2005
    HOLY YES! 3 pounds is AMAZING!!! Anything over a pound a week is a big win IMO! Ride that big numbers wave as long as your body will letcha, lady! WOOT WOOT!

Sending you good vibes on the job front! I've been there more than once, and it CAN be stressful but exciting as new prospects emerge :) What line of work are you in dear?

PS - even if you eat boring stuff, if it's local and/or regional I wanna know about it! LOL
  • volgirl1322
    That is awesome on the three pound loss super great!!!!
  • greenandblack77
    Thank you girls for the cheers.

In short, without telling my full life story LOL - I'm in life sciences and have some years experience in the lab. I went back to graduate school to specialize some more and currently trying to get my first position post-graduation, but aiming to work with reports/documentation and NOT in the lab anymore :smiley:

I have got 2 tough interviews next week coming up and those days I will probably won't do OMAD. One of them is lunch interview actually. I will have to travel far for them and in general, I feel that it's an "extra" situation where I need to be carbed up and ready to respond my best. I don't know if that's a good mindset to have? I think I will try to OMAD/keep my intake low on the weekend to make up for those days.
  • mistymeadows2005
    It's always a good mindset if it makes it doable, and NOT miserable dear. Tweak as you must to make it easy, or you'll never stick to it long term :) just my humble opinion ;) The way I ended up losing was WAY wonky compared to most, but it worked for my lifestyle/schedule which is why it's effective. The best "diet" is one you'll DO! :)

• jadepearl
    3 lbs is an amazing loss👍❤️ Good luck with your interview🍀😘 For me, OMAD is a lifestyle. So, if I need more carbs or just can't do OMAD on a day where there's family gatherings, I will just eat normal and get back to OMAD the next day😉😘
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Thank you girls for the cheers.

In short, without telling my full life story LOL - I'm in life sciences and have some years experience in the lab. I went back to graduate school to specialize some more and currently trying to get my first position post-graduation, but aiming to work with reports/documentation and NOT in the lab anymore :smiley:

I have got 2 tough interviews next week coming up and those days I will probably won't do OMAD. One of them is lunch interview actually. I will have to travel far for them and in general, I feel that it's an "extra" situation where I need to be carbed up and ready to respond my best. I don't know if that's a good mindset to have? I think I will try to OMAD/keep my intake low on the weekend to make up for those days.

Good luck on both interviews!
  • volgirl1322
    Best of luck to you!
  • greenandblack77
    Thanks everyone for the advice and support.

This past week has been crazy stressful! A lot of things to consider for both positions. A lot of things to prepare (presentations, travel plans, etc). Had a train breakdown even LOL Thankfully it was on my trip BACK. I have been eating on the go and not drinking enough water (compared to when I'm not traveling). So this combined with the stress shows on my scales:

week#4: 226 pounds (102.4kg)
    week#5: back to 229 pounds

However... I'm happy to report that my work clothes are fitting me differently compared to a month ago. Time to take some deep breaths and be consistent with OMAD and drinking water again.

This is specially for Steph, Lithuanian curd dessert :smile: I have traveled quite a bit and haven't found those anywhere, unless it is a Lithuanian specialty store. I know you have those in the states as well.

nmss0ax7dm1w.jpg

• jadepearl
    How did your interviews go? Sending over lots of good news vibes👍❤️ Hope you got the job👍😘 Loose clothes =Weight loss.. Congratulations👏👍😘 Keep up the good work 👍 Yum... what type of delicious dessert is that? Is it a Nykstukas Choc Curd Cheese Mini Cake or a Magija Bar? Have a wonderful weekend❤️