re starting from the beginning inspire me!!

Options
embersdream
embersdream Posts: 401 Member
Hey all,
So I put on a lot of weight after being very fit and healthy for many years. Lifestyle change ( full time Masters degree, single prenting, and surgery etc) changed me a lot and old habits I never thought Id succumb to again came back into my life. I have now at least gone back to training at the gym regularly for the past few months but hey its 60% diet that will shed the actual pounds. I have 39 pounds to lose. So, looking for inspiration to keep at it. Its the diet now that needs wipping into gear.

Replies

• one_acosta
    one_acosta Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How is everything going?
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I see this is a couple of months old, don't know if you're still on here, but I can relate.

I maintained health for years, eating whole organic foods and working out. Then due to an illness and moving ended up gaining weight... Kind of started giving up and even started eating what I consider crap.

Finally had enough, downloaded MFP again to help track, mainly for my own mentality of accountability. Getting back to my eating standards and getting back in shape!

Good luck, I hope it's going well for you!
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You sound similar to me. I was thin and athletic for many years as a SAHM. I divorced my ex and was a single mom for a while. After finishing my MS degree I went back to work full-time. First my exercise faded and then my eating habits took a dive.

Now I'm trying to regain and maintain the good habits I once had. My total goal is losing 25-30 lbs.