Tracking Works.

Options
88olds
88olds Posts: 4,480 Member
Just a reminder. I wonder why I’m surprised.

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,039 Member
    Options
    LOL...Yup, but if you (like me sometimes) track over 100 of WW points in a day..............
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,480 Member
    Options
    @Al_Howard I’ve tracked 100 pt days. Not many but I’ve done it. I think the biggest day I tracked was the wine fueled face plant into the dessert table at a cookout at 135 pts.

But a big eye opener for me soon after I started WW, was the realization that 100+pt days had been a common thing for me. It’s how I got 285lbs.

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,039 Member
    Options
    @88olds Yup! My beer is my downfall. Beer, chips, burgers, brats, then brownies, ice cream. I think my biggest dat was @185, at a cookout.
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    True! I’ve been making myself track even when I’m going over points, which I’ve been doing too frequently. It’s finally paying off with changes in my choices.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    I'm sure tracking works...it did for me in the past for sure! However, it's been so long since I've seriously tracked (rather than dabbled on MFP) that I just hate the idea of going back to it! The activation energy for figuring out all my meals again just makes me want to cry. :-)
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,699 Member
    Options
    I track every day and everything. When I don't track the weight piles on sometimes 2 to 3 lbs. a wk. I need to hold myself accountable every day.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    I stopped for two weeks, gained 4# :frowning:

Back to tracking!
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Years ago on the WW GOAD board, people suggested tracking even if you weren't in loss mode. I didn't understand/appreciate this at that time. Now I get it. I don't always track, but I've found that when I'm feeling particularly vulnerable from an overeating standpoint, tracking is a good idea because as others have said, even if it doesn't curb my eating, it shows me what's possible. For me, tracking can be the difference between a small gain and a full-blown case of the effits.

I had a 3200+ calorie day in May after stumbling upon a bakery I'd visited years ago when we first moved here. I know the number because I tracked it and did a lot of research to get accurate numbers. I couldn't remember the name or location of the bakery, but suddenly there it was. I did a U-turn. Good thing it's a 20-minute drive from my house because I'd like to eat a half dozen of their coconut macaroons every day.