Issues with water

Options
Karren188
Karren188 Posts: 101 Member
I hate water.

Has anyone tried sparkling water and do you count it like drinking water?

Replies

• CMStahl75
    CMStahl75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, water is yucky. I have tried many varieties of sparkling water and yes I do count it like drinking water - as long as it isn't sweetened. I like the sparkling Dasani black cherry it at least has fizz. The berry flavored one also isn't bad. The other thing that seems to help me choke down more water is lots of ice and I go overboard with lemon wedges.
  • RetiredinGeorgia
    RetiredinGeorgia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    IMHO, you can count ANY liquid for hydration purposes......UNLESS (of course there’s an “unless”) that liquid adds more than 1 cal per fl oz or is loaded with empty carbs (booze). Then ya gotta log it.
    Basically, LOG EVERYTHING! 😀
  • randolphmegan91
    randolphmegan91 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was just questioning this as well. Its actually hard for me to keep water down, so I've been drinking equal parts of regular water and seltzer water.
  • Karren188
    Options
    I’ve been drinking “sparkling ice” it’s helped me increase my intake up from zero water at least. I drink a lot of unsweetened tea too.
  • bethblackorbay
    bethblackorbay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I struggle with drinking water too. I put in the single serving Arnold Palmer packs. I figured it's better then drinking soda!
  • RetiredinGeorgia
    RetiredinGeorgia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I try and drink between 72-96 ounces of water a day. Our local grocery store (Kroger) sell zero cal water enhancers for like $2. 1 bottle will last me a week and it makes it a whole lot easier to reach that water goal. Drinking at least 64 Oz of water daily is probably the most important thing you can do to lose weight effectively.
  • Karren188
    Options
    I didn’t do so good on H2O today. I was out of sorts all day. Grouchy even. 😖👹
  • randolphmegan91
    randolphmegan91 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @Karren188 must be something in our water :D haha same here!!
    i think i did 5 cups? v.v
  • Karren188
    Options
    I did only 2. But today I plan to do better. It's my youngest son's birthday - the big '13' so I'm hoping to drink 8 cups and then some because I want a piece of birthday cake.