Dida’s official thread

2»

Replies

• daniabrioschi
    daniabrioschi Posts: 32 Member
    I am not actually counting calories even if I am trying to have 1 plate of very high calorie food that I like
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    OK that's a happy number :)
  • daniabrioschi
    Going on with my Omad. My husband has returned with Claudio, my third child.
    This morning I felt so tireeddd even after 3 coffee ☕️.

I had then water with electrolytes
    Little better

I am astonished how well they can work even on bowel movements
  • daniabrioschi
    Registering all on fasting app
  • daniabrioschi
    When I feel down trying to think that now I can stop with binging and purging.
    My first goal for this week.

Happy that I am more social!
    With the perspective of a new lifestyle
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Hi there and a warm welcome! <3
    OMAD is a lifestyle for me and when I have my 1 meal, I actually eat anything I want as if I don't, I will start craving for this and that and before you know it, I will be eating the whole day long. As I have learn, I now listen to my body. I am a carb lover, so, I do eat carbs. Good luck in your OMAD journey :)
  • daniabrioschi
    Ho jadepearl thanks for telling me your experience. I am eating what I crave but by now just one plate according Omad revolution
  • daniabrioschi
    Late afternoon Binged and purged. Incredible...just after written that I would not do it....and I was soooo convinced.

I decided not to take care of it and to go on with my project: Omad revolution.

For dinner I had three avocados 🥑.

I enjoyed them sooo much!
  • daniabrioschi
    ggvw2k3oh5vp.jpeg
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited July 2019
    The binging and purging will be easier to avoid if YOU GET ENOUGH NUTRITION - I can't repeat it enough...you WILL NOT BE SUCCESSFUL if you're not getting enough nutrition for your body to function.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    I find that if I don't have a full OMAD, I will start cravings for all sorts of stuff. So, I will really eat a full meal when I OMAD. I have learn to listen to my body :) Good luck!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yes @mistymeadows2005 that is the total truth ---OMAD isn't about starving it is about getting your calories in that one meal.....if I hold back too much, it will cause the reverse effect where I eat anything and everything I can get my hands on!

Good luck!!!
  • daniabrioschi
    What is the difference of having calories in one meal or during the day?
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welp without getting into the micro-science behind it, it basically helps your body use the calories more efficiently, and gives your body more "downtime" from having to process food, and thus stabilizes your insulin levels etc....it's much more complicated then that but that's the general idea.

If you wanna learn more, watch Joe's videos, and I like the Ben Greenberg's (Ben Green-something) podcast interview with Jason Fung...its like an hour long on YouTube and breaks it down in laymen's terms as to why fasting helps and makes losing weight easier.

I'm going to end this by wrapping back around to this - just because you're eating one meal a day doesn't mean you're impervious to malnutrition and everything that goes along with it...even if you IGNORE the health implications, you're going to be miserable and most likely fail if you don't get enough food to be physically and mentally satiated.