Living the Lifestyle - Thursday, 08/01/2019

Options
misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,277 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday -Imastar2 (Derrick)
Tuesday - GavinFlynn1 (Gavin)
Wednesday - myallforjc (Bill)
Thursday - misterhub (Greg)
Friday - whathapnd (Emmie)

Today's Topic: Describe a day where you would end it feeling good about your health and lifestyle choices. Have you had one of those recently? What would it take for you to have one today or tomorrow?

Replies

• whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hey Greg, no fair . . . this is too similar to the question I have for tomorrow!😁

I feel good about days where I eat the way I did using the old WW PointsPlus plan. The easy translation is some protein and veggies at each meal with fruit, starch, treats showing up periodically. So simple you'd think I'd execute this 99% of the time. But no. I do it for a couple of days/a week then get distracted, and meal planning goes out the door.

Currently I'm fighting a stomach bug, so it's going to be a few days before I have a good day. No food appeals currently.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,998 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a perfect example of a day that I felt good about. I work up early and went for a short run before my day started. Then I had my usual breakfast, lunch, and dinner though the rest of the day. I had a cup of tea later in the evening, and skipped both dessert and alcohol.

I just have to keep doing the same thing to have more good days!
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    It all starts with having nutritious staple foods in the house. Yesterday was a great day for me. Got up at 5 a.m. made freshly brewed coffee and had a cup or two. Walked 4.5 miles with buddies and enjoyed seeing small brown bunnies and ducks. I ate my every day kale and egg omelet with one piece whole grain dry toast (I like it dry). I rode for 90 minutes and got nice 12 grain bread on sale. Nice dinner w Quinoa and chicken breast plus steamed asparagus. Popcorn snack in p.m. Yoga today which is also a perfect day along with the above.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,277 Member
    Options
    whathapnd wrote: »
    Hey Greg, no fair . . . this is too similar to the question I have for tomorrow!😁

:-O

• imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,008 Member
    Options
    A good example of a good day for as an example would be:
    Breakfast a protein a grain, a fruit, a dairy and a veggie if possible. All in the proper portion. Then repeat this for lunch and dinner. I followed this back in the spring and lost 6+ lbs the week I followed it and again this summer and again lost 6+ lbs that week following it. Just got to get back on this program. 🙂
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Last weekend I rode back-to-back 105 very hilly mile rides and once again earned the "Women Ride 200 miles" bling! It was a hot weekend but I nailed my hydration and nutrition and felt great both days. No hills were walked (other people gave up on some of the steep climbs) and no bonus miles were earned (problems with course markings in spots since some of the very fast people off in the wrong direction).

Today is one of those days that will be long and exhausting at work. We have the first round of skills exams starting at 3pm. I'll be lucky if I leave campus at 9pm. I was up at my normal 4:30am time. I did have my normal healthy and satisfying veggie stuffed omelette. I also got into the weight room and on the treadmill before I came to work.

Next chance for a fairly normal day with proper sleep, activity and nutrition is Sunday. Just the way it is this time of the semester.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I think a good day is an active day, where I generally eat healthy, enjoyable meals and don't mindlessly munch. And coffee, good fresh roasted, fresh ground coffee, fresh brewed coffee brought to me at my whim.
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,701 Member
    Options
    A good day for me is not eating bad food at night.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,090 Member
    Options
    Any day where I'm under points and calories, AND not feeling deprived.