Latest Labs!

Options
rich41n
rich41n Posts: 25 Member
I'm so excited and I wanted to say thank you to this community. I've been on and off MFP for about 2 years. I don't post much but read alot! I was diagnosed T2D about 8 weeks ago. I decided to go keto and have used this forum and others to gather information. I don't post much but I wanted to share my success over the last 8 weeks.

I've lost 20 lbs and my labs i just got back indicated a drop in A1C of 2%! My total cholesteral is down, with HDL up and LDL down (now within normal), and a 40% drop in triglycerides (still some work to go here). My doc indicated early signs of fatty liver disease due to high liver enzymes. Both ALT and AST have dropped significantly with AST now in normal range and ALT near normal.

For reference I try to stay under 20g net carbs but probably twice/week go up to 30-40. I've also been strength training 2x per week for 60 mins along with cardio 1-2 times per week. This is just what has worked for me!

Thank you all again for the wealth of information and experiences you have shared with others! That is why I wanted to share mine!

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Low carb and the knowledge of this group has helped me so much in the last few years.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    WTG, @rich41n!! Is your doc in on your eating style too? If so, you got lucky! So many docs still give out the old "eat less, move more - carby meals for diabetics" info.
  • rich41n
    rich41n Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    WTG, @rich41n!! Is your doc in on your eating style too? If so, you got lucky! So many docs still give out the old "eat less, move more - carby meals for diabetics" info.

Thanks! Yes he is, which is great! He even suggested intermittent fasting but I haven't done that yet.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Awesome progress.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's fantastic!
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Big Congrats!!! Those are great lab results. After doing keto for a year or so I realized that I was basically doing IF anyway so once you're doing keto for a while you'll find that adding IF will be no big deal at all. :)