Grab and Go

Options
rhayes57
rhayes57 Posts: 11 Member
Does anyone have an idea of a grab and go breakfast we can prepare in advance?

Replies

• booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Eggs bites - baked in muffin tins. I’ve used a lot of the Starbucks copycat recipes that you can find online.
  • rhayes57
    rhayes57 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I'm a beginner so your ideas are helpful. Thanks
  • Jessimom2
    Jessimom2 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Agree with @booksnbrains - also a crustless quiche cut up into slices. Both allow you to add anything keto you want!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    boiled eggs are another easy one - you can even peel them in advance and put them in individually portioned containers or sandwich bags (I like them best with wasabi mayo, but any mayo based sauce should be keto)

You can also make breakfast sandwiches with a couple poached/fried eggs as the "bun" and sausage/bacon/cheese in the middle - again, easy to cook ahead and individually portion, plus 20 or 30 seconds in a microwave will warm them nicely if you don't want them cold.

cheese/pepperoni already portioned

yogurt or cottage cheese (you can even buy these in already portioned packages for added convenience) - just watch the yogurt for added sugar, and watch the cottage cheese to avoid the reduced fat ones
  • Jessimom2
    Jessimom2 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If you want a breakfast sandwich...you can prepare keto bread ahead of time and freeze. I use a muffin top tin to make small pieces and frozen the bread bun recipe from ruled me. And I believe you can make egg rounds and freeze too. Jimmy dean does it. Then microwave and stick together :) so it is something a bit different than egg based. There is also so keto friendly granola out there that is awesome with 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Because you have so little in portion to granola it is a easy way to eat something heavy in calories fast. Any nut and a cheese stick is also an easy snack/meal. Not too heavy for breakfast.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    My savory grab and go food is cheese loaves. Probably similar to the egg bites or the crustless quiche. Easy to make.

Mix all together:
    One or two lightly beaten egg.
    1/2 stick of butter (softened or melted)
    8 oz of cheese (I like feta or mozzarella).
    Sometimes I add in 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan.
    Salt and pepper, can add other seasonings (garlic powder, dried basil, etc).

Baked in a small shallow glass dish (pyrex), usually greased with butter or olive oil. 350 for 20-25 minutes. Let cool, cut into little squares... Makes 8-12 for us, depends on how we cut them.

Refrigerate leftovers.

Our sweet grab and go: Fat bombs. I can pop two of these on the way out the door and be good for hours. I make up a batch of 20 and freeze or refrigerate. Favorite is:

2/3 cup coconut oil, 2/3 cup peanut butter, 4 tbsp cream or half and half, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 2-4 tbsp sweetener (I use 4 tbsp dry stevia in the raw). Heat all together on low, until smooth. Add 1/4 cup of coconut flakes, pour evenly into ice trays (sprayed with non stick spray or the silicone ice trays if you have them).

Agree with tcunbeliever, boiled eggs are great too. Can season them so many different ways, and they are very filling.

• cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Make breakfast burritos ahead of time with a low carb wrap. Make salmon or crab cakes and freeze, u can wrap with a cabbage leaf, u can make a big batch of keto mug cakes or muffins and freeze if necessary. The past few days I've just been bringing 4 slices of cooked bacon and a few keto peanut butter cookies for breakfast lol! Chia pudding can be made ahead for the week, put in small jars