Hello

Options
tlatant
tlatant Posts: 10 Member
Hi everyone! I’m Tracy. I’m 58 yo and am the caregiver wife for my husband who has stage 4 brain cancer (same thing as John McCain and Ted Kennedy). It has been 7 months now since diagnosis. I was struggling with 25-30 pounds overweight before this-now even though I’m at the same-ish weight-I haven’t eaten as well or exercised - also added a bit more alcohol to the diet. Anyway, I’m hoping I will find some friends and support from this group and I hope that I can give that back! Thanks for listening! Have a blessed day!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    Hi, Tracy! I'm so sorry you and your husband are going through this. I'm a cancer survivor and cancer widow, so know that every family differs, but that this kind of situation is always a personal challenge.

Anything you can do to support your health, physical and mental, is bound to be beneficial. Caregiving takes a lot of emotional and physical energy.

Sending sympathy and strength!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracy.

Make sure you are taking care of you also. Caregiving is tough! Sending strength your way!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,926 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart, Tracy... I can only echo what others already said... make sure to take care of yourself too...
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    How are things going Tracy? How are you doing?