Introduce Yourself / General Chat!

Options

Replies

• dblair27
    dblair27 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    So glad I'm Not the Only Cat lady on here haha. I onbly have one atm but am strongly trying to convince my other half another is needed.
    Its been a long week and I seem to have Lost what I put on last week thankfully. I've not been the best food wise but I'm going to really stick to it this week and try go gym twice at least and see what happens :)

I had a bit of a binge last night - not terrible, all healthy foods - but I'm feeling the bloat for it today. Here's to having a better week!
  • eatingems
    eatingems Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    dblair27 wrote: »
    Oh, my! They're all so darn cute and so unique from each other!

What's your exercise of choice? Not going to lie -- tried to leash train the cats, got nowhere. Good thing I prefer to cycle anyway!

Thank you! As it turns out my weekend was a total write off because my little Barney took very, very not well. After being transferred through three different veterinary practices, I spent all day on Sunday in the small animal hospital waiting room. He was critical and every vet was letting us know to prepare for the worst. He's now out of a critical state but I think it will still be touch an go for a while.

After only having a vending machine coffee and flapjack all day, I then went home and stress ate pretty much everything in my cupboards so that's great. I managed to compose myself yesterday but I'm still super anxious about Barney and constantly teetering on the edge of doing it again.

Exercise wise I think I do a little bit of everything because I'm easily bored and I low key hate exercising. Recently been doing couch to 5k but I mostly do that in the gym on the treadmill because Scottish weather is terrible 99% of the time. While I'm there I usually alternate between spin bikes/rowing machines/weight machines/step machine as well. At home I usually do a mix of cardio & strength/dance videos from youtube. I broke right arm in January and I still can't lift very well with it so sometimes that's a bit difficult but I'll get there! I occasionally go hikes with my Dad but only when the weathers nice haha.

I've tried leashing my cats too and got nowhere, haha! All of them literally did a side flop which meant I was just dragging them around the floor.
  • ref2018
    ref2018 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I hope Barney does alright!! He’s lucky to have you taking care of him 😢

I hope the picture shows up, this is my cat: vercx7d47n0c.jpeg

Bad weather or not, I’d love to go hiking in Scotland someday! It dumps snow on us for most of the year anyways so I’m used to bad weather 😂 If you like Couch to 5k you should definitely try Zombies Run too, it combines the training with like a podcast where you’re one of the characters, and they have a 5k training one too but I didn’t try that. It’s the only app I’ve ever actually paid for because I like it so much.
  • kaaitken2012
    kaaitken2012 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Zombies Run sounds amazing definitely going to give that a go tonight.

Also on the pets front I have settled with I can buy more fish as another cat is not going to happen any time soon:(. Im going to the pet shop tonight haha.

On the food side I've been pretty good this week a couple of days I've gone over my calories but I'm hoping to just lose what I put on the other week and I will be happy.

Hows everyone else this week?
  • dblair27
    Options
    eatingems wrote: »
    Oh, my! They're all so darn cute and so unique from each other!

What's your exercise of choice? Not going to lie -- tried to leash train the cats, got nowhere. Good thing I prefer to cycle anyway!

Thank you! As it turns out my weekend was a total write off because my little Barney took very, very not well. After being transferred through three different veterinary practices, I spent all day on Sunday in the small animal hospital waiting room. He was critical and every vet was letting us know to prepare for the worst. He's now out of a critical state but I think it will still be touch an go for a while.

After only having a vending machine coffee and flapjack all day, I then went home and stress ate pretty much everything in my cupboards so that's great. I managed to compose myself yesterday but I'm still super anxious about Barney and constantly teetering on the edge of doing it again.

Exercise wise I think I do a little bit of everything because I'm easily bored and I low key hate exercising. Recently been doing couch to 5k but I mostly do that in the gym on the treadmill because Scottish weather is terrible 99% of the time. While I'm there I usually alternate between spin bikes/rowing machines/weight machines/step machine as well. At home I usually do a mix of cardio & strength/dance videos from youtube. I broke right arm in January and I still can't lift very well with it so sometimes that's a bit difficult but I'll get there! I occasionally go hikes with my Dad but only when the weathers nice haha.

I've tried leashing my cats too and got nowhere, haha! All of them literally did a side flop which meant I was just dragging them around the floor.

Oh no! I hope that you and Barney are both okay. I can't imagine how difficult all that must have been for you.

I wouldn't worry about the stress eating, honestly. Sometimes life gets a little bit in the way and what matters is that you get back on track. I wouldn't eat everything in the cupboards twice per week - but hey, when things are tough, sometimes you need it.

Anyway, wow on the exercise! I really hate to try new things. I live in the western mountains region of Maine, so I've always been well-versed in outdoors sports. Trying new things in the gym, though, gives me anxiety. As for the weather... Is it similar to Ireland? I lived in Cork for six months a few years back, on study away. I thought the weather was lovely compared to Maine! The snow here piles taller than I am, so...

And yes, the side-flop. It must be some sort of cat conspiracy.
  • dblair27
    Options
    ref2018 wrote: »
    I hope Barney does alright!! He’s lucky to have you taking care of him 😢

I hope the picture shows up, this is my cat: vercx7d47n0c.jpeg

Bad weather or not, I’d love to go hiking in Scotland someday! It dumps snow on us for most of the year anyways so I’m used to bad weather 😂 If you like Couch to 5k you should definitely try Zombies Run too, it combines the training with like a podcast where you’re one of the characters, and they have a 5k training one too but I didn’t try that. It’s the only app I’ve ever actually paid for because I like it so much.

Oh, what a gorgeous cat! Love the coloring/markings. Also, where do you live? I live in Maine - so it really dumps snow here & I totally get you on the weather front.
  • dblair27
    Options

Also on the pets front I have settled with I can buy more fish as another cat is not going to happen any time soon:(. Im going to the pet shop tonight haha.

On the food side I've been pretty good this week a couple of days I've gone over my calories but I'm hoping to just lose what I put on the other week and I will be happy.

My week has been total garbage. I'm on a TERRIBLE antibiotic. A quick Google will confirm that I'm not the only one - nausea, vomiting, sweating, chills, metal mouth. Can't win. It's called Flagyl and if anyone ever tries to prescribe it for you, refuse.

Aside from not keeping a load of food down, I can only eat small portions of things at a time and it all tastes like pennies. That means lots of snacks and very few healthy meals. :/ Was ashamed to close my diary the last couple of days for fear of judgement - not that any of my friends are judging, but because I'm used to doing better, you know?

Also, when I put on weight in a week, I pound the water. Usually resolves it. :)
  • ref2018
    ref2018 Posts: 12 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thanks!! She knows she’s gorgeous too 😂 I’m in NY, so not as bad as Maine but if you want gray skies and lake effect and bad roads, can’t get much more of that than here 😂

Your antibiotic sounds horrible, I’m so sorry 😵 no judgement ever, especially when you’re feeling bad!
  • kaaitken2012
    Options

My week has been total garbage. I'm on a TERRIBLE antibiotic. A quick Google will confirm that I'm not the only one - nausea, vomiting, sweating, chills, metal mouth. Can't win. It's called Flagyl and if anyone ever tries to prescribe it for you, refuse.

Aside from not keeping a load of food down, I can only eat small portions of things at a time and it all tastes like pennies. That means lots of snacks and very few healthy meals. :/ Was ashamed to close my diary the last couple of days for fear of judgement - not that any of my friends are judging, but because I'm used to doing better, you know?

Also, when I put on weight in a week, I pound the water. Usually resolves it. :)

I hate it when something out of your control can disturb your week. Hopefully it wont be much longer and you'll feel better.

It feels horrible when you start judging yourself I do that a lot but really your doing the best you can while being poorly so just eat what you can and have a fresh start when you're feeling better, your body needs time and energy to heal.

I have been drinking about 2L of water while im at work this week and cut out coffee, so hopefully that will help. Though I have been drinking a lot of zero fizzy drinks in the evening especially if the OH is having pudding or a snack I tend to have diet lemonade and ice to stop the cravings so hopefully that doesn't have an effect.
  • dblair27
    Options
    ref2018 wrote: »
    Thanks!! She knows she’s gorgeous too 😂 I’m in NY, so not as bad as Maine but if you want gray skies and lake effect and bad roads, can’t get much more of that than here 😂

Your antibiotic sounds horrible, I’m so sorry 😵 no judgement ever, especially when you’re feeling bad!

What part of NY are you from? Forgive me, but I think of NY in two parts: NYC and then the other part of NY with cows and farms.
  • dblair27
    Options

I hate it when something out of your control can disturb your week. Hopefully it wont be much longer and you'll feel better.

It feels horrible when you start judging yourself I do that a lot but really your doing the best you can while being poorly so just eat what you can and have a fresh start when you're feeling better, your body needs time and energy to heal.

I have been drinking about 2L of water while im at work this week and cut out coffee, so hopefully that will help. Though I have been drinking a lot of zero fizzy drinks in the evening especially if the OH is having pudding or a snack I tend to have diet lemonade and ice to stop the cravings so hopefully that doesn't have an effect.

Well, yesterday was my first day holding food down -- and my weight is up by 4lb! I'm sure it's a starvation response. Didn't eat for days, wasn't hydrating well. With any luck, it'll drop back with a few days of good logging and pounding the water!

Have you tried iced green teas? I love fruity teas like blueberry and mandarin orange over ice, sometimes with just a tiny dollop of honey for something extra sweet! Zero calories and it's loaded with antioxidants. The small amount of caffeine seems to help the metabolism, too, according to some studies. :)
  • kaaitken2012
    edited August 2019
    Options

Well, yesterday was my first day holding food down -- and my weight is up by 4lb! I'm sure it's a starvation response. Didn't eat for days, wasn't hydrating well. With any luck, it'll drop back with a few days of good logging and pounding the water!

Have you tried iced green teas? I love fruity teas like blueberry and mandarin orange over ice, sometimes with just a tiny dollop of honey for something extra sweet! Zero calories and it's loaded with antioxidants. The small amount of caffeine seems to help the metabolism, too, according to some studies. :)

At least you're feeling better thats the main thing :). I don know if it was the water or that I was being really good but managed to lose all the weight I had out on plus an extra pound this week so very happy with that.

I love green tea, haven't had it cold though. I will definitely give it a go as I need something to change up the water every now and then.
  • dblair27
    Options

At least you're feeling better thats the main thing :). I don know if it was the water or that I was being really good but managed to lose all the weight I had out on plus an extra pound this week so very happy with that.

I love green tea, haven't had it cold though. I will definitely give it a go as I need something to change up the water every now and then.

Yay! So very happy that you were able to drop the weight. :) And if you already love green tea, you'll likely love it iced!
  • kaaitken2012
    Options
    Everyone seems to have dropped off a little bit.

Hows everyones journey going?

• eatingems
    eatingems Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I took a week off to work through some mental health type stuff and I went out for dinner three times with friends/fiancé/family and then had a 40th birthday party on Saturday at which I drank faaaar too much and ate my bodyweight in carbs on Sunday to try to feel human again. I weighed myself on Monday morning as my first day back and I had gained like 6lbs - WHOOPS!! I know it's mostly water weight and I'm back on track as of this week so hopefully make that a gain of just 1lb or maybe even a maintain by weigh-in time.

Gonna move my weigh-ins to Saturday I think as I've fallen back in to the habit of Friday night takeaways with my parents again recently because my fiancé works late that night, so knowing I have a weigh-in the next morning should deter me from that.

How are you getting on? :)
  • kaaitken2012
    Options
    I think i am going to move mine to Sunday so I dont binge all day Saturday, its easily done. well done for taking some time out for you sometimes it's well needed. I had a week like yourself gained 5lbs but managed to lose it in a week ( drinking about 4L of water a day and smaller portions) and have maintained for a week so not the end of the world but would definitely like to lose this week now. :)
  • dblair27
    Options
    Everyone seems to have dropped off a little bit.

Hows everyones journey going?

I'm definitely still here! The "journey" is OK. I had a binge that bumped my weight up by 4lb, and I'm hoping to drop it as water weight - but thus far, only 2lb have dropped in a couple of days. Trying to drink more water and stay focused!

How are you getting on? Everything good?
  • dblair27
    Options
    eatingems wrote: »
    I took a week off to work through some mental health type stuff and I went out for dinner three times with friends/fiancé/family and then had a 40th birthday party on Saturday at which I drank faaaar too much and ate my bodyweight in carbs on Sunday to try to feel human again. I weighed myself on Monday morning as my first day back and I had gained like 6lbs - WHOOPS!! I know it's mostly water weight and I'm back on track as of this week so hopefully make that a gain of just 1lb or maybe even a maintain by weigh-in time.

Gonna move my weigh-ins to Saturday I think as I've fallen back in to the habit of Friday night takeaways with my parents again recently because my fiancé works late that night, so knowing I have a weigh-in the next morning should deter me from that.

How are you getting on? :)

So glad to see you back! Glad that you took the time that you needed and that you're not discouraged by the small gain/hopefully water weight.

I weigh every day, but you reminded me - when I used to weigh once per week, I always did it on Monday morning because weekends were so hard to stay focused! It totally changed how I ate on the weekends because I didn't want to be holding excess weight on Monday. Sounds like making the change to Saturday morning weigh-ins could really be good for you!!
  • dblair27
    Options
    I think i am going to move mine to Sunday so I dont binge all day Saturday, its easily done. well done for taking some time out for you sometimes it's well needed. I had a week like yourself gained 5lbs but managed to lose it in a week ( drinking about 4L of water a day and smaller portions) and have maintained for a week so not the end of the world but would definitely like to lose this week now. :)

Fingers crossed for a loss for you this week!
  • xjordaynx
    xjordaynx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What’s up y’all! Hope it’s okay if I join 👀 I’m 22 and trying to shed some weight 😭