Son’s birthday tomorrow

Options
Karren188
Karren188 Posts: 101 Member
I’ve been doing okay so far but tomorrow will be a test. We are having birthday cake and he has requested sloppy joes. I better tank up on water!! I also have a work trip Monday-Wednesday. The supervisor where I’m going is a foodie friend so I’ll have to be on my guard.

Replies

• randolphmegan91
    randolphmegan91 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Im making my grandmas favorite recipe of mine for her Bday Sunday, Brownie Cheeseake 0.o
    *best Scooby Doo voice* "Rut Rou Raggy" :D:D
    I have faith in you, and myself!
  • Karren188
    Karren188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I did great on the birthday - but gained a pound on my work travel to Gainesville. I'm working on it though - hopefully it will be off by my weigh-in day on Monday! I didn't go over my calories - but eating out is not good every day.
  • randolphmegan91
    Options
    i was just shy of 1 pound loss this past week, BUT i didn't gain so WHEW!! lol hopefully next weeks results are better <3 i have lost a few inches though so i guess its still a win!
  • HazelMayes
    HazelMayes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Eating out, even if I’m under calories, makes me gain temporarily. Probably water retention from the sodium 😬. I’ve found if I drink extra water, the scale holds steady instead of going up (it’s been fairly normal for me to lose small amounts a day, maybe .2-.4 pounds)
  • RetiredinGeorgia
    RetiredinGeorgia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The salt/sodium forced into our diets through ALL processed foods is almost criminal. Even though I got rid of all the salt in my house, I still end up struggling to stay under 2500mg/day. I, personally, avoid as much processed food as I can and concentrate on fresh, single-ingredient foods. If you really pay attention to the salt our modern diets you’ll be horrified. Nothing good comes from consuming excess salt. Sodium is the enemy of good health.
  • randolphmegan91
    Options
    agree! i use to dump salt on everything i ate, like quite liberally.
    Now all i add to season is pepper, no salt. I can hardly stand the taste after I stopped using it. canned veggies are the worst! blehh!
  • RetiredinGeorgia
    RetiredinGeorgia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I know our local grocery store sells canned veggies (which I’m not real fond of) in no salt added varieties. The taste/texture still isn’t the best but at least there’s a limited amount of sodium added.