Back from my trip!

Options
072499tt
072499tt Posts: 37 Member
Some weeks ago I posted asking for feedback about staying on keto while in Rwanda. Well...it wasnt really possible to do so. I decided to eat what was available, not stress about it and get back on track when I return. I had a great time and a successful journey. Jumped on the scale today when I arrived home and guess what?....stayed the same weight for the entire two weeks...amazing. Went grocery shopping to pick up a few things to get back to it this week. Just thought I would update!

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    What was the local cuisine like??

Was it really friendly there?

Awesome about the weight not moving while there!!
  • 072499tt
    Options
    What was the local cuisine like??

Was it really friendly there?

Awesome about the weight not moving while there!!

The cuisine was mostly local agricultural staples (potatoes, beans, vegetables, some chicken,fish and beef). I had access to eggs. I was at a campus that is pretty diverse so they tried to cook more american staples. It was very easy to manage.

In terms of friendliness, Rwanda has become one of the safest countries in Africa. There is security everywhere for your safety and people are beyond friendly and hospitable. There is real resiliency and feeling of unity and pride here. I plan to visit again.
  • 072499tt
    Options
    ..and not to mention the beauty of the place. I had a chance to stay both in the capital city of Kigali and also in the southern rural part of Butaro --amazing places
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Sounds absolutely amazing!!!!

There are several places in Africa on my bucket list!!!
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Glad to hear that your trip was good!
  • 072499tt
    Options
    thank you @booksnbrains
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back, Glad to know you had a great time.