Living the Lifestyle- Tuesday August 13,2019

Options
GavinFlynn1
GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Thread starters for June are below:

Monday -Imastar2 (Derrick)
Tuesday - GavinFlynn1 (Gavin)
Wednesday - myallforjc (Bill)
Thursday - misterhub (Greg)
Friday - whathapnd (Emmie)

Today's Topic: Pining for the Fjords

Today’s topic is about nostalgia; things you miss from the past related to your lifestyle journey; locations, people, foods, activities, parrots...?

Replies

• gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I miss eating real cheese and real ice cream. Both give me terrible GI distress. I love them, but they don't return the love :-( I miss real pizza as a result. Every once and a while I'll buy a Daiya GF/DF pizza to scratch the itch but it really isn't the same.

But as much as I miss these foods and some others (crusty fresh French bread for example), I don't miss the GI woes that I used to have.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,277 Member
    Options
    I miss the grilled lamb riblets from Mama Nouri's in Riyadh. One of the best dishes I've ever eaten anywhere in the world.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,008 Member
    Options
    Many many moons ago I miss my Aunt's lemon ice box pie, her pecan pie and homemade cakes. She also made some of the best fried chicken ever! I also miss my wife's Aunt who made the absolutely best coconut cake with lemon cream filling also from scratch. My Mom made some of the best gumbo ever. It was better than New Orleans restaurants. These are items t that really weren't part of my LTL journey except it helped to initially helped to put the weight on me.

During the LTL journey during my WW journey I enjoyed taking the weight off and hearing the comments about losing the weight.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I miss Spam and crunchy frog. 😃

Similar to Regina (@gadgetgirlIL), I miss dairy and gluten. I found out I had issues with these foods about six months into starting WW. So while those items aren't directly related to weight loss, avoiding foods containing those items is part of my trying to live a healthier lifestyle. It's amazing how much better I feel - - less inflammation, body aches, etc. when I avoid those foods.

But man, I'd love to eat a couple of slices of great pizza every now and then with no worries. And a slice of regular cake.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    I don’t “miss” these but if I could magically binge and not gain I remember eating BAGS of M&M Peanuts. Potato chips, Cheetos!

I wish I could go back to playing Pickle Ball. But post pinch nerve operation I don’t have the mobility.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    I have done 13.5 years of WW and that has been at 4 differnt centers, Denville NJ, Easton Pa, Moon Township Pa, and now in Williamsburg Va. I miss the people I met along the way and the leaders I have had.
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,701 Member
    Options
    I miss exercising due to limitations.