Miracle Pasta?

Options
snha
snha Posts: 388 Member
Hi, all, did any of you try miracle pasta? If so, how was it? What do you have to say about it?
Thanks

Replies

• BlancheandSmooshyface
    Options
    Being Italian, giving up pasta was what I missed most about eating low carb. Then, through members here, I learned about Nasoya Pasta Zero. I think it's absolutely fabulous. I didn't notice any funny "smell" upon opening, but I rinsed and tried them before using anyway. The taste is great when used in recipes, such as scampi. fettuccine Alfredo, spaghetti and meatballs, etc.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I second that Nasota Pasta Zero is acceptable. To me it is not like the real thing but it'll do. I've not tried any others because I've read so much about them having an odd smell and needing to be rinsed, dry fried, etc. Pasta zero is a bit chewy (rubbery?) but carries the sauces well.

It can be found in the refrigerated section of the produce department in my area. Near the vegan foods.
  • snha
    Options
    Thank you So much, that's very helpful. I will definitely try it soon.
  • Jessimom2
    Jessimom2 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I’ve tried a few brands. Just rinse really good and follow the directions and it all turns out great!
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I rinse mine really well, then dry fry it in a hot non-stick skillet for a few minutes, stirring it a couple of times with tongs. It will sizzle a lot, pulling excess moisture out, this improves the texture tremendously. I often eat the noodles with a protein, a handful of vegetables and low sodium broth. The rice is quite good also.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I really like just plain zucchini noodles better than the shiritaki noodles, but they are ok if you are in a hurry or squash is not in season.
  • BlancheandSmooshyface
    Options
    I used to make zucchini noodles when I first started eating high protein, low carb, however, one cup contains 22 carbs, and my daily intake is less than 15, so I switched to Pasta Zero.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I posted a thread a few weeks ago about shiritaki noodles (same thing). I offered a few recipes. If you can find it.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    I posted a thread a few weeks ago about shiritaki noodles (same thing). I offered a few recipes. If you can find it.

Here it is: :)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10743803/regarding-shiritaki-noodles#latest
  • snha
    Options
    Thanks much everyone, very helpful information.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I like the slimmer version, angle hair, the thicker version not so much. The rice is my absolute favorite.
  • itzcath
    itzcath Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I second the rice. It's an awesome addition to almost all my Casseroles and makes for brilliant cabbage rolls!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Gives me terrible gas. I can’t eat it.
    My daughter said she gets some digestive response to it but it’s tolerable. She likes it.
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I like Zeroodles brand 'rice'. I make fried rice with it and find it tasty and filling.
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I tried the fettuccine yesterday - I’m not a big fan. The noodles were hard to chew. It might have been my low skill in preparation, but I’ll stick with zucchini and cauliflower rice.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    https://www.homesweetjones.com/2015/01/skinny-chicken-pad-see-ew/
    http://happyketo.com/keto-mushroom-pasta-shirataki/
    https://www.thelondoner.me/2015/02/zero-calorie-noodle-soup.html
    https://www.closetcooking.com/korean-style-cold-tofu-shirataki-noodle/

Some ideas... I like Sirataki noodles. It really has to do with how you prepare it. It can absorb so much flavor when cooked right. And the chewiness helps making you full.
  • EelkoDoesKeto
    EelkoDoesKeto Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ever tried making Zoodles? (Zuchinni Noodles) I bought a spiraliser and made some yesterday... Im going to try it tonight...
  • snha
    Options
    I've got the cauliflower rice and initially cooked it without paying attention to people's suggestions. Just build it, etc. it was awful, just awful.

However, because I heard many give it praise, I decided to try again. I tried a quick ten-minute recipe. The meal was amazingly awesome. It really was, even though there was nothing special about it. My conclusion, if you think its rice and eat it as it is, you will fail. If you mix it up, this time was with some stir-fry stuff, the taste is not only amazing, but the feel, texture, and the post-eating feeling is absolutely the same as if one has eaten rice with the stir-fry. Just follow perfect recipes.
    I tried the fettuccine yesterday - I’m not a big fan. The noodles were hard to chew. It might have been my low skill in preparation, but I’ll stick with zucchini and cauliflower rice.