Hello, Please introduce yourself

Options
SkinneyGirl28
SkinneyGirl28 Posts: 145 Member
I have been underweight ever since my second child was born. I have since become a vegan vegetarian for health reasons. I just began seriously riding my mountain bike and have finally gained 5 pounds! Lean muscle is great! I am 5'9" and now weigh 135. At 125 I look like skin draped over bones, and I never want to see that again. So every time I missed a meal or 2 and stepped on the scales, I would panic when I saw 130 or lower. Now I have an extra 5 pounds that has been here for a month now! I am keeping riding 3X a week.

Skinneygirl28
aka ND:flowerforyou:

Replies

• hd_mitten
    hd_mitten Posts: 1
    Options
    I know very little about vegan diets but am pretty sure its probably not the best diet to gain. Have you considered some light weight training or body weight exercises? Vegan diet and moderate to hard cardio 3x week will probably not allow you to gain or maintain your weight. How many calories are you eating?
  • Funimon
    Funimon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Fellow Hard gainers,

I started my bodybuilding journey in 2013, bf went from 23 to 15.3%, lean mass gain is about 11lbs.
    Hopefully joining this group will help me accelerate the process.

Keep pumping,
    -Fun.
  • tflynn817
    tflynn817 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    looking for community and support as hard gainer. most of this thread seems to be about people believing they are hard gainers but not really being one.
    i weigh 170lbs, eat 3300 calories/day of good clean food, exercise 5x/wk by lifting weights and stretching, and have a desk job. dont adjust your screen, i actually track very precisely and need that many calories just to weigh 170.
    my goal is to get up to 180 lbs. i will probably need to eat 4200 cals/day to get up to that.

looking to start up conversation on a variety of topics.
    right now, have other hard gainers have been able to eat 4000 cals/day (sounds like a nightmare to me) while eating clean? i consider clean to be high quality, organic foods, and typically not combining too much fat and carbs in the same meal.
    has anyone been able to do this while being vegetarian? ive found i basically have to eat higher carbs to get enough protein from lentils, quinoa, rice, etc.
    it seems pretty challenging to eat that many calories without adding oils, fats, etc but i find that my fat gain goes up when i eat high carb and high fat.

curious if you all have any thoughts and just looking for support and a community while im chewing and eating all day! thanks!
  • beck5605
    beck5605 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Looking to gain 5-10 lbs. of lean muscle mass, any recommendations??
  • aidhan20
    aidhan20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new here. I have been always underweight in my whole life till 31 now and I am into putting on more weight seriously now. Currently 128 lbs. My goal is to make it 140 lbs in a year.
  • runtisz
    runtisz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Hardgainer here from CO, and have always struggled. I was 140s through all of high school (6'1) and after putting a lot of attention on this in 2010 through 2018, I ended up weighing 185 with low bf prob 11%. Was holding stead around 172 until Dec 2019.

COVID badly disrupted my routine, and in the past year, I have slipped to 158 (-14 lbs). I'm back to tracking cals and macros, but joining this group in hopes of having some community to converse with and swap ideas as I try to get back on track.
  • ThatSkinnyBoi113
    ThatSkinnyBoi113 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've always been underweight and now that I'm living alone and make/buy my own food I can control what I'm eating and try to gain weight. My struggle is I'm picky and get full quickly. It'd be easy if I could just eat 4 pop tarts snacks a day for a 800 calory surplus, alas I am trying to eat healthy while gaining weight. (Why are so many healthy foods low cals!)

Age 22, 5'2, 90 pounds and my first goal is 110 pounds.