Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Newbie here!

LisaJayne71
LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
Hi everyone! I see that there is some recent activity here which is great!
I was supposed to have my surgery on Tuesday this week but it was cancelled after 6 hours of waiting!!
I now have a new date for Monday 19th August, although I'll have to have a different surgeon who I have never met before.
I was planning on having the sleeve with the previous surgeon and I plan on that being what I have on Monday.
I have PCOS and have really struggled to lose any weight on the LRD even though I've stuck to it religiously.

Would love to here advice on how you got your protein in during the early weeks! And anything else you recommend through experience!

Thanks so much!!

Replies

• Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    During the early weeks, follow the dietary instructions that you have been given by your surgeon/nutritionist. This is the most important part. Follow it to a T!

Protein shakes, sip water, walk. walk. walk. do NOT advance your diet faster than your surgeon says to!
    Sip water. hydration is the most important part! If you have to chose between protein shake/eating and water, choose the water first. Dehydration SUCKS!!!! Set a timer to get the water in if needed, every 15 minutes sip on water.

• VSG_Maya
    VSG_Maya Posts: 1 Member
    Congratulations on your WLS!!
  • NightOwl7777
    NightOwl7777 Posts: 26 Member
    Please let us know how you are getting on post surgery. Fingers crossed 🤞 everything has gone well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    I’m hoping to be accepted for bypass so any details that you can pass on would be amazing.
    Take care of you, here’s to a healthy future. Xxx