August 21 Sign In

Options
2»

Replies

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    @victorious55 Thanks for posting the opening discussion. I appreciate you!
    Yesterday: Pass 2
    Today: just great...yes x 3 and happily that is not easy to do while on business travel. I'm pleased.

You are welcome.
    And welcome back!
  • BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1
    BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1 Posts: 64 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Miniscule climb - 400 feet
    Here is some dysfunction for you. What if I got 50 minutes of exercise biking the 8 mile round trip to the beer store?
    Even weirder - Strava has got segments on that route. So I got PRs going to the beer store and back.
    But my month's climb is up to 22,000 feet. So I am kind of on track to my goal for a 30,000 foot month. 1,000 foot per day average. That is what I want.

I ought to put a picture of something.

- I put a picture of a can of fiber supplement. I most always close the kitchen with a chug of fiber supplement. There is a lot can be said about that.
    - I am an old guy kind of. I got a doctor called gastroenterologist. Goog says I ain't spelling that right. But that doc does a thing called colonoscopy. I know, I know, but you got to do it. It will add years to your life if you got a genetic predisposition to those kind of problems.
    - That doc told me one time "are you taking a fiber supplement?" I said "yes" He said "what kind?" I said "psyllium husk." He said "double it."
    - So I ain't blowing smoke when I say fiber supplement. Real doc said do it.
    - Weight watchers - I used to do that like 50 pounds ago. Back in those days they had a slider. You look at food labels and get the calories and slide it up, but if there was fiber in that label you could slide down a bit.
    - So I figure that. You can slide your calories down a bit if you are eating fiber. When you think about it - makes perfect sense.
    - Other thing about fiber is - if you want exercise in the morning there is that thing that you don't want in the way of it.
    - I exercise in the morning. My exercise takes me miles from any sort of convenience.
    - But stop me before I go into too much detail. I just say regularity is convenient and accommodates an active lifestyle. It is good for your health on multiple counts. I ain't no doctor and I ain't got oodles of credibility but just saying what works for me.
    - Sorry if I am too weird.

wqqhjbdxp7uq.jpg

• MadDuck62
    MadDuck62 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Exercised: Yes, 25 minutes circuit training, 30 minutes elliptical
    Calories: Yes, barely
    Tracking: Yes
  • mmsiems425
    mmsiems425 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes spin class
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

2/3 pass days taken
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    3x yes

14 yes
    7 no

1. May 22 yes 9 no/31
    2. June 22 yes 8 no/30
    3. July 23 yes 8 no/31
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,132 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Aug 17 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅ alums
    Aug 18 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅🏡
    Aug 19 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅🏡
    Aug 20 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅ alum
    Aug 21 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅alum

2/3 Pass Days
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    @BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1 After having had psyllium fibre for years, suddenly one day I couldn’t, it sent me running to the bathroom. I’ve read that I’m not the only one this has happened to. I have to rely on fruits and veggies for fibre now. Hope the psyllium keeps working for you.
  • BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1
    Options
    @BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1 After having had psyllium fibre for years, suddenly one day I couldn’t, it sent me running to the bathroom. I’ve read that I’m not the only one this has happened to. I have to rely on fruits and veggies for fibre now. Hope the psyllium keeps working for you.
    @goldthistime
    I wonder what is different about that? My wife sometimes takes an antibiotic then she can't even have a salad without getting that problem.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    @goldthistime
    I wonder what is different about that? My wife sometimes takes an antibiotic then she can't even have a salad without getting that problem.

Oh how I wish I understood all this stuff.