Acid Reflux 2 months out

Options
Jessica12877
Jessica12877 Posts: 29 Member
Hoping I can hear some encouraging words. I had VSG 2 months ago, and was given omeprazole to take until right about now. I am trying to wean myself from twice a day to once a day and eventually not have to take it at all. Unfortunately I am experiencing some break through acid reflux after just one day of one pill only. I am big into natural remedies, so last night I had some apple cider vinegar which did help, and today I sipped on some ginger and turmeric tea. Anyone experience these symptoms and not have to be on medication for life?

Replies

• mcneilnomore
    mcneilnomore Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I did for about four months after surgery and then it went away. I do get heart burn once in a great while and just take tums for it. I stopped the omeprazole after four months.
  • mae7365
    mae7365 Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Unfortunately, I continue to experience acid reflux almost five years post VSG. I’ve actually had to move back to Nexium to keep it under control. But I had severe GERD prior to surgery and was told that surgery may not be a cure.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I took the omeprazole as directed by my surgeon for a few months after surgery, then stopped. I am almost 6 years post VSG and I have occasional heartburn, depending on what I have eaten. It really hasn't been a serious issue though.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Yikes, no advice as I had bypass instead, but I hope you feel better quickly!!!