Testosterone Therapy

Options
J_Fabulous
J_Fabulous Posts: 63 Member
I'm wondering how many men are on testosterone therapy. My testosterone has always been very low and the doctor just gave me a gel to put on.

Replies

• kimbalorber
    kimbalorber Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on "Vitamin T" myself. :) I'm not on gel, though, I do weekly injections (prescribed, of course). I was going to try the gel, but after learning how careful you have to be while handling it I was concerned about what if my wife came into contact with it, etc. I opted for the injections.
  • J_Fabulous
    J_Fabulous Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm on "Vitamin T" myself. :) I'm not on gel, though, I do weekly injections (prescribed, of course). I was going to try the gel, but after learning how careful you have to be while handling it I was concerned about what if my wife came into contact with it, etc. I opted for the injections.

What difference have you seen?
  • surfdok
    surfdok Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but I just joined this group. I started TRT in 2012 and got off in 2017 to try and have another kid. After about the 6-7 month mark I started to really notice that I had energy, no motivation, no desires. I started TRT again in December and now everything is so much better.
  • troylfullerton
    troylfullerton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was on TRT for quite some time. Estrogen is stored in fat... and that made my estrogen high (for a male), plus my testosterone was low. Both problems resolved when I lost 90 lbs.

I've regained some of that, but my T levels remain good. Part of that involves other lifestyle/ habit changes as well.
  • Carp614
    Carp614 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I was on T therapy for a short time (gel). It did help. I'm 45 now and just getting back into trying to regain fitness. Feel pretty good at the moment, but I do plan on getting my T levels checked when my physical comes up.
  • rdavis5755
    rdavis5755 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried the gel but and the patch but both irritated my skin, not attractive to the wife. So now on twice a month shots.