August 30 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    ughouetjhzz7.jpeg
    This was 5:40 a.m. at the farm. I’m sitting on the barn porch and drinking Costa Rican coffee. The shadows that you see are the barn itself. It was a perfect morning. If you look very close you may see 2 horses in the distance.
    Have a great day!
    Or, I hope that you had a great day!

Definitely beats my morning view!! Lovely.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    Exercise: more than 2 hours of horseback and farm activities
    Tracking: good
    Calories: under my limit
  • BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1
    BuddysSurrogateGrandpa1 Posts: 64 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    yes, yes, yes
    Last day of the month is tomorrow. I am 2,000 feet short of my climb goal.
    I could climb that tomorrow early. I might but little Buddy is coming over. I always like to greet him "there is my little Buddy." He grins.

I qualify for Strava's climbing merit badge again this month with a good bit of spare change. Should I obsess over that last 2,000? If I wake up at 5:00 without an alarm I am going to go for it. I will still make it back in time to greet Buddy.

Winners circle ugh - I think I only got about 50% on track this month. But when off track I guess I haven't been going off the deep end. I lost a couple of pounds. Slow steady movement towards a goal, something to be said for that.

I spent a lot of time outside this month. Clear sky - don't even put up a tent. Wake up in the middle of the night, binoculars are close to hand. Lately no moon so I get to look at galaxy. I like it. I wish I had a camera that could photograph that.

I put a picture of Lizard Head. That rock formation on the mountain. I couldn't really enlarge it much. Took that pic a couple of days ago. Riding up that I encounter people that kind of celebrate that a geezer like me can do it. They are in four wheel drives and ATVs.
    Maybe I will put a screen cap of my climb calendar.
    Show that I don't really exercise every day. My knees kind of don't like consecutive days.

And I tell you what - I spent a night under the stars at 9,000 feet. It got down to 33 degrees. Frost on everything. I only had one sleeping bag and a wool blanket. That was the wool blanket my Dad slept under in Korea. I get kind of sentimental about that.

w4i5gwr17ega.jpg

0nciqi14hz7u.jpg
  • hil331115
    hil331115 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Aug 30: yes x 3
    forecast models have the hurricane maybe moving a little more east than first predicted. thats good news. lets hope it continues on that track.
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes, 10 min quigong, 10 min wrist exercise, 120 min cleaning, 2x 20 min walk to and from work
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Aug 24 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅ 🏡
    Aug 25 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅ 🏡
    Aug 26 ex✅cal goal✅track all✅🏡
    Aug 27ex✅cal goal✅track all✅ friend
    Aug 28ex✅cal goal✅track all✅ alum
    Aug 29ex✅cal goal✅track all✅ 🏡
    Aug 30ex (only 15 mins) TONS yesterday!! cal goal✅track all✅🏡 pass Day 3
    Aug 31

3/3 pass Days used

@RangerRickL
    I plan to be in the Winner’s Circle! Will let you know if tomorrow doesn’t go according to plan. Thank you!
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for Friday
    Actually jogged with the dog instead of walking. So grateful to have my knee healed up and health back, it just felt like the right thing to do.
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Date: Friday, August 30th

Exercise Tracked In MFP: Yes 2.04 miles on the Treadmill
    Calories and Water Tracked In MFP: Yes
    Within Daily Calorie Range of 1300 to 1440: Nope. 1956. Panda Express and Pizza in one day kills the numbers.

Extra:
    Daily Water Goal of 7 Water-Bottles: 1

Disqualified but still posting to develop my healthy habits : )

Keep moving forward and keep making progress….I gotta keep on keeping on : )