Easy Keto

Tell us your easy basic first timer Keto ideas so we can all try

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    I made this for dinner last Sunday. Everyone liked it - they asked for it again.

https://ibreatheimhungry.com/2017/04/cheesy-spaghetti-squash-skillet-keto-low-carb.html

I have tried several keto pizza recipes. This is the one I prefer.

https://ditchthecarbs.com/fat-head-pizza/

• lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 220 Member
    My go to easy and basic keto meals are:

chicken caesar salad (caesar salad kit minus croutons and pre-cooked chicken)

pan fried pork chops with mashed cauliflower and sauteed mushrooms

taco salad

• ypetrou
    ypetrou Posts: 9 Member
    Cauliflower rice

The other thing I did was learn to make cauliflower rice, this is a great substitute for the real thing and I really don't miss the original stuff. The simplest way to make the rice is to blend some cauliflower in a blender until it breaks down into tiny grains, that can then be steamed. I add serrated coconut to the dish as this helps fluff up and add texture to the vegetable. My family are not keen on the slight odour of this new low carb rice so I have slightly adapted it to get rid of the presence of this.
    Cauliflower-Rice.jpg
    I will soon post a video of how this is done for you to follow.

Ingredients

1 whole cauliflower (approx 700g)
    5 tbsp of single cream
    60 grams serrated coconut
    Pinch of salt to taste

Method

Wash and clean cauliflower then place in blender until completely broken down into smaller grains no bigger than the size of a grain of rice.
    Steam until cooked (approx 10min) and then rinse with cold water (this will help remove trace of cauliflower taste)
    Steam again for another 5 min, rinse again with cold water.
    Warm up again in steamer
    Place in serving bowl and serrated coconut and cream, season with salt and serve with your favourite dish!

Tip! If you prefer you can microwave the cauliflower with a few drops of water in a seal able microwavable container. Make sure your container is designed to steam veg or it could explode:)
    Cook cauliflower at each stage for 8 min, 4 min and 2 min respectively. Way less mess guys

• verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    I made this for dinner last Sunday. Everyone liked it - they asked for it again.

https://ibreatheimhungry.com/2017/04/cheesy-spaghetti-squash-skillet-keto-low-carb.html

Myself and my family love pizza. I have seen a few cauliflower recipes online for dough but seems very difficult when you work and have 4 kids at home. Where can I get Fathead pizza crust. Is it in most supermarkets?
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    No you make it.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited October 2017

Myself and my family love pizza. I have seen a few cauliflower recipes online for dough but seems very difficult when you work and have 4 kids at home. Where can I get Fathead pizza crust. Is it in most supermarkets?

The crust recipe is in the link. Super easy. Takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. I'll do that any day for a delicious homemade dinner.
  • 1krazycat
    1krazycat Posts: 8 Member
    ypetrou wrote: »
    Cauliflower rice

The other thing I did was learn to make cauliflower rice, this is a great substitute for the real thing and I really don't miss the original stuff. The simplest way to make the rice is to blend some cauliflower in a blender until it breaks down into tiny grains, that can then be steamed. I add serrated coconut to the dish as this helps fluff up and add texture to the vegetable. My family are not keen on the slight odour of this new low carb rice so I have slightly adapted it to get rid of the presence of this.
    Cauliflower-Rice.jpg
    I will soon post a video of how this is done for you to follow.

Ingredients

1 whole cauliflower (approx 700g)
    5 tbsp of single cream
    60 grams serrated coconut
    Pinch of salt to taste

Method

Wash and clean cauliflower then place in blender until completely broken down into smaller grains no bigger than the size of a grain of rice.
    Steam until cooked (approx 10min) and then rinse with cold water (this will help remove trace of cauliflower taste)
    Steam again for another 5 min, rinse again with cold water.
    Warm up again in steamer
    Place in serving bowl and serrated coconut and cream, season with salt and serve with your favourite dish!

Tip! If you prefer you can microwave the cauliflower with a few drops of water in a seal able microwavable container. Make sure your container is designed to steam veg or it could explode:)
    Cook cauliflower at each stage for 8 min, 4 min and 2 min respectively. Way less mess guys

Sounds yum. You can also blend cauli and get with your favourite oil as fried rice ☺☺
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Older post, but I'm bringing old dead post back to life. Dead things back to life... Can't wait for zombie apocalypse.

But seriously, I love making bread-like foods out of cheese and eggs.

Cheese, beaten egg, butter, salt and pepper in small oiled glass baking dish, 350 for 25 minutes, makes a bread-like loaf.

Beaten egg put in small buttered skillet, on med-low heat, sprinkle on lots of cheese, salt-pepper, let cook through.

Can eat like flat bread: top with pizza toppings or any meats, veggies and/or condiments.
    Or fill with veggies, meats, and/or condiments, and fold over like a pita style sandwich.

Love these, they're very filling!!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Oops takes 2 beaten eggs!
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Trader Joe's has a great cauliflower pizza. You can either buy the crust and build your own or buy the ready made pizza. Both are in the freezer section.