Protein powder??

Options
Best keto friendly protein powder that isn’t sold as a keto product? Anyone? I just want to know what options are good that aren’t gimmicky keto products.

Replies

• chrissifreeman
    chrissifreeman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't know ab *best* but I'll tell you what I've got. ;)
    I'm currently using a Trim Healthy Mama protein powder bc I already had it in the cabinet. I like Zint Collagen (I know, it's collagen, but it is straight protein) off Amazon, but it is not flavored if you're looking for something that tastes good. I add it to things that already have flavor.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Protein from real food is enough and more nutritional than the products.
  • mulder_scully06
    Options
    Protein from real food is enough and more nutritional than the products.

I get protein from real food too, but I just mostly want it on the days when I’m running around and just need to quickly fuel. I have a newborn and sometimes I just don’t have a free hand to make something :) I’d like an option of something I can just shake up with some almond milk
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked into protein powders too much, but I've bought the Slimfast Advanced Nutrition a few times when it's been on sale. One bottle is 180 calories, 20g of protein, and 1g net carb.
  • scottyaus2732
    scottyaus2732 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Listen I’m Australian so were I shop won’t necessarily translate to you.

But it’s easy to buy a low carb protein powder from any supplement company.

Here’s an example.

f2knnopw3bla.png

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I don't know about protein powder, but my daughter loves the Atkins protein shakes.

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Isopure zero carb makes some that can be meal replacement.
    Real food will definitely be a better choice but if you will be low on protein due to not eating enough real food, this is the only one I am aware of that doesn’t look too bad.
    My daughter is using this one because she is malnourished from a chronic medical condition and doesn’t eat enough in general.
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I use Vital Proteins collagen powder from my local Costco. It doesn’t have much flavor and I can add it to coffee or water when I’m in a hurry.
  • mulder_scully06
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like the Sun Warrior chocolate, it takes a while to blend when cold, but if you mix it in the morning and just stick it in the refrigerator, then it can be a quick grab and drink.
  • cinnygirl38
    cinnygirl38 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like Dymatize ISO 100. Choc PB and Orange Dreamsicle.
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I use wheybolic from GNC. One scoop has 20g protein and 2g net carbs.
  • itzcath
    itzcath Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The only time I use protein powder is in recipes. I picked up some very low carb vanilla Flavored protein isolate at superstore in the pharmacy.

The BEST recipe I have made that uses protein powder to date is rhubarb coffee cake from everyday I dream about food.

Dear Lord is that cake gooood!
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I like Tera’s Whey organic. Very low sugar, all natural. One of the best tasting ones as well! Can use in shakes or for baking.

I also do a pea protein - Vega All In 1 - also low sugar with greens and vitamins. 😉
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Also - my new fav find - 1 net carb. No sugar.

pxszxf61w0oo.jpeg