Is this group not active any more?

Options
Just asking as sad to see that there doesn't seem to be any activity on here now. This was my favourite group last year so I'm really hoping it isn't gone forever.

Anyone out there and still wanting support to do this?

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I'm still around (as you can tell from the progress report) but it has gotten very quiet here in the last few months.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    I'm still around (as you can tell from the progress report) but it has gotten very quiet here in the last few months.

Hey! Glad you're still here but wish it was more active. I miss the group it was last year. Do you think it would be okay to post for new members?
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    nope, I don't think there's any problem with posting for new members. I've sent a few over this way myself!
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    nope, I don't think there's any problem with posting for new members. I've sent a few over this way myself!

Fab thanks, I might just do that. Seems a shame it's so quiet when it was really active!
  • stormtheworld
    stormtheworld Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am still around, but mostly reading and not posting so much. Managed to lose 147lbs so far but have stalled the last few months. I think I miss a reading about everyone's progress and relating to what people are finding hard. Hopefully we get a bit more steam back into the group.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    I am still around, but mostly reading and not posting so much. Managed to lose 147lbs so far but have stalled the last few months. I think I miss a reading about everyone's progress and relating to what people are finding hard. Hopefully we get a bit more steam back into the group.

That's an awesome loss! I bet you notice it in all the things that are easier now?

I'm only down 17lbs as of this morning but even with that small loss my knees are coping so much better with stairs than they were. Still a way to go to that magical 10% loss the medical folk talk about but I'm already feeling more able.

Good luck with the rest of your journey and I'm sure the stalled period will pass. Still in awe of what you've accomplished so far! ❤
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi! I missed the activity of this group a lot. It seemed to quiet down quite a few months ago. I’m just now getting back to MFP after several months of focusing on my depression. It’s finally getting dealt with in a way that is actually effective for me and that has freed up so much energy to begin focusing on other things.

I started a dance program yesterday and am hoping to just do as much as I can of the schedule and go through the 8 week cycle as many times as necessary until it become as easy for me as the dancers who are doing the exercises on the videos. But for now, it’s just one day at a time. Little by little.

Runa
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    @RunaMarti that's great, well done you. Depression is literally a big black hole so well done for pulling yourself out enough that you can do this too.

I'm really hoping we can bring some life back into this group. It really was just so supportive and nice.

I'm so pleased to see everyone who's commented. Keep it coming! 😊
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    RunaMarti wrote: »
    Hi! I missed the activity of this group a lot. It seemed to quiet down quite a few months ago. I’m just now getting back to MFP after several months of focusing on my depression. It’s finally getting dealt with in a way that is actually effective for me and that has freed up so much energy to begin focusing on other things.

I started a dance program yesterday and am hoping to just do as much as I can of the schedule and go through the 8 week cycle as many times as necessary until it become as easy for me as the dancers who are doing the exercises on the videos. But for now, it’s just one day at a time. Little by little.

Runa

Welcome back! And I'm so glad to hear things have taken an upturn for you. the dance class sounds like fun!
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Waving - hi everybody! I lost my way for a bit, but I am back at it again.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Hey! Good to have you back! This was such an amazing group. It’d be good if we can get it going again