Back on board

Options
Leanbean65
Leanbean65 Posts: 176 Member
As of the beginning of Sept I re-started kicking carbs out of my diet. I've done one week of lazy keto but am getting more serious now. Any encouragement is good, I've got 10-15 lbs to lose :)

Replies

• need2move2
    need2move2 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am on day #5 for my Keto-refocus. I gave up any proceed crap and artificial sweeteners.. feel awesome.. and scale is going down! Keep up the good work. You got this!
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I’ve been doing low carb for years, but got really lazy about it. Getting back to strict low carb has helped me to get rid of 20 pounds and I’ve got 20 pounds left!
  • Leanbean65
    Leanbean65 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 35 lbs 2 years ago, 10 have snuck back on so I'm getting serious about it again :)
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I’m getting serious about losing weight as well. I’m meat based keto, mostly carnivore. I’m going to try to lift weights every day and eat very well. I enjoy all the foods I eat and it doesn’t feel like a diet.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I got back on track recently too.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Day 13 of keto reboot. Down 9.1lbs so for this time. Previous runs I've lost 100 and 90 lbs respectively. Going for 80 this time. Target completion by Jan 2020.

I can already feel the difference. It is hard to get on it... but once on, it feels great.
  • Ecosse2018
    Ecosse2018 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I successfully lost 27 lbs by many years of low carbing. I have another 10 to lose to be slim again. Last week an acquaintance who I hadn’t seen for weeks said that I looked great and asked if I had lost weight. I was delighted because she is only the second person to comment. However, since the weekend I have eaten toast, chocolate biscuits, brownies, biscottes, and other high carb foods which I had stopped eating. Why did I sabotage myself in this way? I have gained back 5 lbs.
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I am determined to put this relapse behind me and get back on the low carb wagon again. I have these goodies in my house because my husband is a sugar addict with a huge belly, but I will not be tempted again. We can do this, and I will do it. Have a great lc day everyone. 🌝😚
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    A lot of that 5 lbs is going to be water from the carb increase. It will come back off quick most likely.
  • Ecosse2018
    Ecosse2018 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I hope it comes off fast. I should know by now if I eat carbs I will gain overnight but usually it takes me weeks to lose it again. However I will persevere and reach my target as soon as I can. I know I need patience. It will happen if I stick to plan.. 🌝
  • mor72
    mor72 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I fall off the wagon again, finding it hard to stick to it as i work in a very busy kitchen, and food finds is way to my mouth without me thinking about it" specially with our lovely baker in house " i think i might be better of just reducing my carbs rather then trying lchf. Is anyone else here just counting cards rather then lchf?
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I lost so much ten years ago and kept it off until an injury that prevented me from running and slowed me down.

I restarted on July 8, lost track with busy schedule of family visits, work, travel, etc., for three weeks since then. Now back again. I lost 21 pounds since July 8 and did not gain in the three past weeks (that's a good sign). On again and determined to loose 10 pounds initially, by November 7, and then comes the big push to my final goal, about 12 pounds more (a total of 43 pounds). You will do it. I will do it.

What works best for me is to just keep reminding myself that it's a life style change--too much stress about the daily mishaps is not allowed, I work in terms of years, not days, weeks, or even months.

When I fall off (like the last three weeks) I keep reminding myself, sure eat a sweat, but half a piece instead of a whole one, try to take my own snacks with me because hunger is evil, try to eat a salad with chicken or steak out instead of pasta, a taste of the kids' pizza, etc. Little things go far.
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much my situation too. I dropped from 216+ to 178 between Sep 2016 and April 2017, then a little more by next September. Then it has been up and down, mostly between high 180s and low 180s. I have lots more to lose and need to get back to it properly this time. I am trying to remember the things that worked then. One thing I find is that if I do bpc in the mornings, it really helps. If I don't have an intake of fat in the mornings it's hard for me. Also, I feel extremely exhausted if I don't eat salads etc..

I would really like to see, feel results. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks but I have lingered in these 180s so much that I kinda already know what I am and I am assuming somewhere between 180-183 now. I would like to first lose 20 pounds to get back to the weight I was at before I put on weight and then lose another 20+ pounds after that to get back to the weight I wanna be at. I'm between 5.9 and 5.10 and I'd like to be 140ish.
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You did an awesome job before and I trust you will again. Good job. I'm the same height as you, but will feel definitely way too skinny under 168 or 170 (maybe the difference has to do with male/female? or small/large fram?). My favorite weight, the one I am most comfortable with and the one I am going for, is between a low of 170 and a high of 175. Am hoping to do that by mid-December--kind of wishful thinking because those last few pounds will be hell :)
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    snha wrote: »
    You did an awesome job before and I trust you will again. Good job. I'm the same height as you, but will feel definitely way too skinny under 168 or 170 (maybe the difference has to do with male/female? or small/large fram?). My favorite weight, the one I am most comfortable with and the one I am going for, is between a low of 170 and a high of 175. Am hoping to do that by mid-December--kind of wishful thinking because those last few pounds will be hell :)

Well, here is to hoping! I look fine with 168, but want to be a bit slimmer than fine. It might be a male female difference or just muscle ration (I was assuming your response was in response to my post)
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm also back to this WoE after a (far too long) hiatus - glad to have others who are coming back to it/the boards.

Cliff's notes of a lifer: tried all the conventional "diets" from the time I was 5 years old to 33 years old; moderate successes and inevitable regains with carb-based diets. Highest weight was 379 lbs (I'm 5'9") in 2013. Began eating LCHF and lost 40 lbs., then had surgery and lost an additional 70 lbs. Plateaued but maintained for almost three years before having twins. Since our boys were born in July 2017, I paid zero attention to what I needed to be doing for my health and have regained almost 50 lbs. I'm almost 41 and while I've always been just fat without any co-morbidities, chasing toddlers when you're tired and your joints ache isn't a good way to be. LCHF is the only WoE that has ever really worked for me; I feel better and am less hungry when carbs and I go our separate ways.

It's also taken me this long to make peace with the fact that I will be doing this for the rest of my life, I will never be someone who can just eat whatever, and there will never be a "perfect" or "right" time to get started again. Life is always crazy, there's always going to be a million excuses, and so the time is now. Since the beginning of the month, I'm down a little over 10 lbs. and already feeling better. My LTG is to land somewhere between 150 and 160, so miles to go yet. Let's keep on truckin'...
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back on board after a way too long hiatus, myself. I'm 5'3" and my highest weight was 205 lbs. back in 2005. It was back then when I got inspired by my sister who, as a T2 diabetic, had lost 30 lbs. just by following her dietitians recommendations of 30g carbs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and 2 snacks of 15g carbs per day. I realize that seems like a lot of carbs for somebody who is following Keto/Atkins, but it worked for her so I felt I would give it a shot. I managed to lose almost 50 lbs., over the course of a year or so, and maintained it for quite some time but, the past few years, (not sure if it's because I'm older now.) it seems as if all I have to do is look at food and I gain weight. When I stepped on the scale last week, I was up to 192.5 lbs. and decided, I really need to start getting back on the lchf wagon again. I'm starting with smaller goals of 20 lb. increments this time and will take it from there. Feel free to send me a friend request if you like so we can possibly motivate each other to stay on track........ :).
  • X255
    X255 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me please! I am starting over also. I had lost 70 & have gained 25 back. Several months of emotional eating with the toughest still ahead. I'm trying to gain control before totally losing it.