Simple vegetable recipe

Options
Honeyacid
Honeyacid Posts: 115 Member
edited July 2019 in Social Groups
All I have in my fridge is an onion, a few tomatoes, some carrots, peppers and some baby bella mushrooms. Does anyone have any idea as of what I should make with these ingredients? I'm not a very good cook if I'm being honest. :#

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Just saw this, but I'd dice, just add some seasonings and a little salt and pepper and olive oil and eat raw.

I love cumin, salt, and pepper on a mix like this. Add a can of chickpeas if you've got it.

Or could dice and throw in skillet all together and heat in olive oil or butter with some oregano, basil, or garlic powder.

It's been a few hours since posted;I'm sure you figured something out for now, but maybe tomorrow or the next time. ;)
  • memurph88
    memurph88 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I usually make stir fry when I have a bunch of random veggies left over in my fridge. Chop them up and 1) stir fry them with a little bit of soy sauce & spices or 2) roast them with a little bit of olive oil, salt & pepper (+ additional spices if you want). Then I like to add the tomatoes at the last minute so they're just a little bit warmed up :)