Beef?

Anyone able to tell me nutritional values on plain roast beef cooked in a slow cooker with just water?? Cannot find this anywhere online, all recipes include loads of added ingredients. I only add a couple of tbsp of soy sauce, and some Montreal steak spice and let it roast all day.

Replies

• ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 208 Member
    You can use the 'Recipe'function in MFP. Just create a new recipe and add each ingredient. You then tell the app how many servings are in the recipe and viola! success. You don't have that many ingredients so it should be fairly quick.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    There are tons of great resources online for finding out the nutrition information on single ingredient items like meats, fruits, veggies, etc, even this website. Your best bet is to use the Recipe Function, weighing all ingredients raw, and then weighing the final product and dividing by the number of servings. For something like you made though, I might not even bother with that, because your additions of seasoning and soy sauce don't really affect the NI. The USDA webiste has NI, but my go to for Beef info is this site (all of the NI is based on a 3oz serving): https://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/nutrition/cut-nutrition