Thought(s) to Ponder

Options
imastar2
imastar2 Posts: 5,956 Member
Is it easier to say Yes to what is lower kcal, healthy and wholesome for you?

Or is it harder to say No to higher kcal, unhealthy and maybe not so wholesome for you?

Curious minds just wonder.

Replies

• imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,956 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I was having lunch and had choices to make so I made the best choice available for lower kcal and somewhat wholesome rather than the higher kcal and not so wholesome. However I'm at my home this afternoon and have a variety of choices and at a slower pace. So it was easy to say no to the higher kcals since both were available.

This is not always the case during a busy day or when the not so wholesome choice is all that's available.

Just thought I'd see if anyone is awake out there on this fine Thursday.
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,700 Member
    Options
    High calorie foods are always the most tasty hard not to say NO. Low calorie will give you more to eat for the same calories as high calorie food you may want.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,470 Member
    Options
    A lot of high cal stuff has lost its appeal to me.

But I think making a point of saying yes to “healthy” picks makes it easier to resist the choices that aren’t so helpful.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,958 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on how hungry I am. If I'm just "regular" hungry, it's much easier to say yes to healthy choices. If I'm "starving," I tend to get ravenous and I find that it's much harder to move away from the pizza!
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Ditto what Steve said. Although for some reason, it's gotten much easier to say no to sweets in the past couple of months.

If I had a personal chef, and had healthy choices available at all times, I'd choose the healthy food nine times out of 10.

I had a personal chef once. Her name was Mom. ❤