Can't focus/sit still?

Options
Hi all,

I've been back on the keto diet for about a month now, and for the last 2 weeks have added intermittent fasting. I fast from evening/bedtime until dinner the next day. I have only been hungry when my carbs the previous day were higher than 10% of my total calories.

I've had an odd side effect for the past week and am wondering if anyone has experienced the same. I am experiencing excess energy that I don't know what to do with. I walk for 30 minutes at lunch and then for around an hour after dinner in the evening. Honestly, right now I'm sitting at my desk trying to work and my whole body is just aching to get out! I feel like I could run! (but I know better...)

Please let me know if you have experienced the same and what you do with that energy. I love having it, but I work in an office...

Thank you!

Amanda

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Yes, I had a similar experience. And my sleep was affected as well. I actually like the feeling, because my previous carb diet and weight had left me sooooo lethargic.
    I started going out dancing a couple times a week, made new friends, was walking more, plus I was busier overall so that turned out to be a great time, and I lost a great deal of weight.
    As soon as I go over carb limit, I'm an instant couch potato/napper/procrastinator type.
    I'm currently trying to recapture that keto energy level after a significant relapse. So far, so good.
    As they say, keep calm and keto on.
    So many benefits!!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Do you do any kind of weight training?
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I had insane energy boost. My fiance said I looked like the Tasmanian Devil running through the house. It finally tapered off.
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I’m kind of always like that... :)
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    amandajoyb wrote: »
    Hi all,

Honestly, right now I'm sitting at my desk trying to work and my whole body is just aching to get out! I feel like I could run! (but I know better...)

Amanda

Go swim!

I've been back on keto for almost a month now. Don't seem to need as much sleep even though I have returned to the gym.

My workouts are not impressive, but I can already feel the change in how my body is reacting.

My goal is to go to the gym every day, regardless of how I feel, even if I think I will work out for only 5 mins. Then, once I am there, I just do whatever activity seems right.

Its been fun so far.