CSIRO diet, lifestyle anyone?

Options
Hello does anyone know of or do the CSIRO diet? It's based in Australia, and very well respected. It allows a bit more than the KETOGENIC Diet in terms of carbs, but it's very similar.

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting. Do you have any links that you can share?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hmmm. High protein, low GI - but they are charging $199 (Australian I presume) for a 12 week program. Sounds pricey for a batch of recipes and an exercise plan. They say if you are successful and prove it by uploads to the app & photos you may be eligible for a refund or a free Program 2 (whatever that is.)
    I did their survey to check it out and even though my BMI is 21.7 (according to them) and I am in the middle of the healthy weight range and they tell me I do not need to lose weight, they offer me a 4 week program for $69. That would raise a red flag for me. I clicked on the "Message from Professor Noakes" link but it was broken (a 404 error) and the page no longer exists.... also a bit fishy in my view. Was this company using a spurious link to Prof Noakes to boost their sales? I can't seem to find any more detailed info on the net about this diet other than their lead-in page. I just found on a small print, more hidden page the actual cost, as it automatically rolls over to a monthly charge after your first 3 month (12 week) program.
  • EelkoDoesKeto
    EelkoDoesKeto Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The CSIRO diet doesnt cost anything, there is no program, the CSIRO is a government run science firm.... (very much like NASA in the US).... The published version of the book costs about $20
  • EelkoDoesKeto
    EelkoDoesKeto Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would clarify that, any CSIRO diet programs are not run by the CSIRO

Also, I know nothing about the content of the diet.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Thrift books has it for $5:

thriftbooks

"High Protein - Low Fat - Total Well-Being Finally, here is a sensible and satisfying diet plan clinically proven to work and scientifically tested for optimum results and long-term weight management. This is the simple diet regime that'll make you feel great by helping you lose weight, increasing your energy, and without leaving you hungry or deprived. Fully researched and developed by CSIRO, Australia's largest team of renowned scientists and nutrition experts, The Total Wellbeing Diet—based on a high-protein, moderate-carb, low-fat menu—is an easy-to-use and nutritionally balanced dietary approach. It has become a worldwide phenomenon-and now it's available here as well. How to start, what to cook, how to keep the weight off 85 complete, easy-to-prepare recipes 12-week menu planner"
  • naomianne69
    naomianne69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is a book I've read which is scientifically proving higher health, and weight loss, from genuine research undertaken. It is called 'The CSIRO Low-Carb Diet'. The book includes a number of recipes, which are predominating low carb and higher protein than the average Australian's diet. I found it interesting, but prefer following a lower daily carb than they endorse. Still, worth a look at. I usually don't go for recipe books, and end up doing my own thing anyway. I find I have a basic amounts of foods, and my family all eat what ever they like. The KETO diet still works for me, and I need strict guidelines in order to do well.