Tell me why I need to be fat adapted?

Options
I’m new. I’ve read most of the posts in the launch pad but I guess I’m struggling to absorb it all and I keep asking myself ‘do I need to be fat adapted?’ Can you tell me what the advantages are in simple terms? I get the ‘how’ you become fat adapted but I’m struggling with the ‘why’.
I’m calorie counting and finding that LCHF keeps me satiated and happy and it seems to be working for my weight loss goals.
So is there any benefit to me focusing on being fat adapted?
I’m not diabetic.
I’m not into endurance sports.
I’ve realised carbs make me HANGRY hence the joy of LCHF.
I’m a 48 yr old woman focusing on moving more to get healthy and want to lose 21pounds. I don’t aim to look ripped I just want to feel nice and fit into my clothes.
Thank you so much 😊

Replies

• fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hallelujah!!! Thank you!! Now that makes sense. I honestly thought it was a rigid ‘you must do this at these levels for this long to become fat adapted and if you deviate then start again’ scenario (so I was thinking do I ‘neeeeed’ to do this) but this explanation makes total sense to my layman’s understanding of how bodies work.
    Thank you 🙏
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    To me the advantage of being fat adapted is my body can finally burn up that fat it stored from a meal I ate in the past. tcunbeliever did a great job of explaining things. I have days when I eat up to 75 net carbs and other days when 5 carbs are enough. It is great to go back and forth. I have lost the weight I wanted to lose, and maintained for over 2 yrs. now. Good luck to you on your Journey.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    For me... being fat adapted means that I don't think about food all the time.
  • kiddycat73
    kiddycat73 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    For me, the appetite suppression that comes with Ketosis is the best part. Now I eat to live instead of living to eat.